Paddy O'Malley Females

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bi-Lane Livestock

Wondering what folks thoughts are on this?  I know he has been around for a while but I have never used him, curious on those who have females of his in production and what they like/dislike?  Will he add body and/or milk?

bryan6807

Wayne (Hudsonville) has a pretty good Paddy cow. Raised a really nice heifer out of Grizzly this last year. I personally would not use him (pha) and only know of the one in production.

furinsilex

We have some really nice ones.  Moderates frame, adds width of pin and some natural thickness when mated to our angus based females.  I dont think he will add body, kind of follows the cow.  Depends on what your breeding him to on whether he will add milk are not.  Some i have talked to think he takes it away being out of Irish Whiskey as they say he can dry one up, we havent had any trouble with them.  Dont milk like our angus but def produce enough to raise a good calf.

Bi-Lane Livestock

furinsilex said:
We have some really nice ones.  Moderates frame, adds width of pin and some natural thickness when mated to our angus based females.  I dont think he will add body, kind of follows the cow.  Depends on what your breeding him to on whether he will add milk are not.  Some i have talked to think he takes it away being out of Irish Whiskey as they say he can dry one up, we havent had any trouble with them.   Dont milk like our angus but def produce enough to raise a good calf.
Thanks for the good feedback...

hntwhitetail

I've seen paddy really click on some 734 females and used on some shorthorn blood lines.