pale face- hereford

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Farmboy- you lost me too. Not very hard to do some days ;).
Are you saying that he's out of Hereford genetics, that's where the baldie faces are coming from?

Red

garybob

farmboy said:
what does the post say, ive been hunting forever to find the other half of pale face
If the worst thing that could happen to you is a pair of Whitefaced calves, you are luckier than anyone else I've known in the cattle business. Count your blessings, Junior!

farmboy

weve had about 75 % baldies or patch faced  in 4 years

garybob, im not complaining, its just that I solved an argument with some fellas about the white face and am rejoicing  (lol) Lots of people will blame simmental for that.

If you dont want baldies, hereford face is hard to get out. All calves have been 1/16 herf and 75-80 % have been patched face or baldies (nothing wrong with baldys)...

garybob

farmboy said:
weve had about 75 % baldies or patch faced  in 4 years

garybob, im not complaining, its just that I solved an argument with some fellas about the white face and am rejoicing  (lol) Lots of people will blame simmental for that.

If you dont want baldies, hereford face is hard to get out. All calves have been 1/16 herf and 75-80 % have been patched face or baldies (nothing wrong with baldys)...
Well, the Hereford Whiteface tends to be more prepotent than the Fleckvieh (Simmental) white facial markings, for sure. Even harder one to "breed out" is the diluter gene. Dad's got a cow that's only 1/16 Charolais, and, bred to a Gelbvieh Bull (Non-diluter), she had a yellow calf this year. You guys are gonna get "Smokies" for years ( even when the fad fades away), if you have added these sires to your club-calf producing bull battery.

Moocow11

all of our black baldie cows are simmental angus crosses. 10 out of 13 of our bulls are herefords and then 2 are angus and the other is simmental. and we have probally 90% black baldys or brocle faces. we have notiched when we bred an angus simmy cross that is a black baldy and bred her to an angus bull we get either a black baldy or brocle face or we get a pure black calf.