Paper topic

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

I need an idea for a paper involving cattle. I need to be able to write an 8 to 10 page persuasive paper on it.

knabe

can you narrow it down a tad?

tell em what you are gonna tell em
tell em
tell em what you told em

Ruchian

knabe said:
can you narrow it down a tad?

It is pretty open, as long as it is an important issue, it will work.  It could probably even just involve agriculture in general.  I'm kind of just looking for ideas of any kind because I don't really know what I want to write about. 

justme

How about how the Certified Angus beef and the Hereford programs have impacted sales of beef?  Its something different than TH or PHA

drl

How about the effect of ethanol on corn prices and the consequences for cattle feeders? My fiance just did a paper on that for a livestock marketing class.

dori36

Ruchian said:
I need an idea for a paper involving cattle. I need to be able to write an 8 to 10 page persuasive paper on it.

Well, I gather you ' re in the cattle biz/game in one form or another or you wouldn't be here.  So, what are you passionate about in the cattle industry?  What bugs you?  What makes you smile and have hope for the business?  Do you want to continue to be in the cattle industry?  I think the best topics to write about, especially when you have to take a persuasive position, are those you have strong feelings about.  Only you can identify those.  Once you decide what to write about, the research begins!

Ruchian

dori36 said:
Ruchian said:

Well, I gather you ' re in the cattle biz/game in one form or another or you wouldn't be here.  So, what are you passionate about in the cattle industry?  What bugs you?  What makes you smile and have hope for the business?  Do you want to continue to be in the cattle industry?  I think the best topics to write about, especially when you have to take a persuasive position, are those you have strong feelings about.  Only you can identify those.  Once you decide what to write about, the research begins!

I agree that it should be something that I feel strongly about, I'm just having a hard time coming up with ideas.  I like the ethanol and Certified Angus ideas though.

renegade

A girl in our chapter did a speech on ethanol but its hard to win with an anti ethonal speech around here because the University of Idaho is pro ethanol and that is where our state contests are held

JbarL

renegade said:
A girl in our chapter did a speech on ethanol but its hard to win with an anti ethonal speech around here because the University of Idaho is pro ethanol and that is where our state contests are held
every topic has a pro/con.....if you believe your opinion has merit...what place better to present you thoughts, than in a "pro" arena ?   you said it has to be "persuassive" .........not necessarly popular......  good luck with what ever topic you choose......jbarl