Paul Clapp

Help Support Steer Planet:

pjkjr4

A fellow by the name of Paul Clapp from Iowa is supposed to judge the Oklahoma Youth Expo in March. Does anyone know who he is, and what he will like/use?? Thanks

Telos

He is as good of a judge as they make, IMO. He'll sort them right on target. They don't come much better.

clonefan

Good luck, Pauls a great guy and knowa his cattle as well as anyone be he is brutal on the mike,

rtmcc

If I remember wright he bred Sugar Ray and gave him to Bobby. 
That would be making quite an impact on the clubby industry.

CAB

On a side note, if any of you have been to Wade Rogers farm, Wade bought the place from Paul Clapp a few ago. Paul knows good cattle & has raised many himself. Great cattleman IMO.

#1showmom

I still would like to know what he is looking for?  Is soundness a priority?  What kind of cattle does he raise or sell?  Does he like them on the big side or a smaller package etc.  Does he want a clubby look or just a good useable type?

pjkjr4

#1showmom said:
I still would like to know what he is looking for?  Is soundness a priority?  What kind of cattle does he raise or sell?  Does he like them on the big side or a smaller package etc.  Does he want a clubby look or just a good useable type?

That's kind of what I was after when I asked my initial question. I guess that's what I should've said.

birddog92

yeah just wondering what he was looking for if he goes for bigger cattle or smaller cattle.