Pay Off

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

I am thinking about using the Maine bull, 227544, Pay Off.  Has anyone used him?  Tell me about the calves.  Did they make good grown cows and have longevity?  Did they break down on you?

Thanks

Telos

Sidwell's in Colorado used him extensively. My only complaint is that they are a larger frame score them most of the current bulls being promoted (most get too big for me). He seems to work best on your smaller chubbier type cows IMO. His famous grandson is CMAC Hardcore. 

ZNT

We love the bull.  Some of the best cattle we have produced were out of Payoff, and his sire Pay Dirt.

DL

I used quite a bit of Payoff a while back and was happy with the females - they were big footed, big boned and maternal - probably the Midas on the bottom helped in that area. They were bigger framed that the Impact calves (both sired by Paydirt who was sired by the gigantic Boogards) - I stopped using him when I had a really nice heifer calf with spastic paresis sired by Payoff out of a Patent cow who was plenty sound and had plenty of flex - FWIW

MCC

Some of our best producing cows have been sired by Payoff out of Angus cows. (thumbsup)

Joe Boy

Thanks for all the information.

Mike had told me that he makes them really thick and big boned. 

Does he make them too straight on the rear legs and will they breakdown?

DL, does the spastic calf problem have a relationship with being too straight on the rear legs?  I know that occasionally Habanero throws post legs and MWM does too.