Pays to Dream calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sparty-On

Just curious if anyone has experience with Pays to Dream heifer calves and how they grow/turn out?  I have a 3 week old on the ground now, out of a Northern Improvement cow....just wondering what I might be able to expect.  Do they make show heifers?  Good cows?  Thanks for the input!

Sparty-On

I know there are a few simmy breeders out there....any experience with Pays to Dream calves?

SSIMMENTALS

I've only seen a handful in person but since no one is giving you any feedback; in my opinion he makes good, moderate, sound, complete, feminine females. Not going to blow you away with power but hard to poke a hole in them.

ALTSIMMY 79

I would agree with the above post, also only seen a few heifers here and there. I think they will make great cows but also think they are gonna be overpowered by others in the ring. They seem to be sound and deep enough, just a touch lacking in the stoutness department.

Sparty-On

Thank you very much.  So here is my next question....what purebred simmy bull do I breed to next year if I am looking to add power to an angus cow?  Thanks.

Sparty-On

If you are recommending combustible, I am guessing you have had calves out of him this year?  Wouldnt this be his first calf crop?  How do they look?

firesweepranch

I have not seen calves, but have talked with Jay, who owns them. He said they have about 8 on the ground so far, and birth weights have been from the lower 70's to the lower 90's, with heaviest one being two weeks late. Calves are big topped, big hipped and stylish.  He said you should be safe to use him on heifers as long as the heifers are stout hipped enough to have a decent sized calf.  Combustible is a very stout bull so he wouldn't expect him to throw 60 lb calves.
Hope that helps. You can just ask Jay yourself. We plan on using him on a few heifers, but we watch our girls closely.

fieldscattle

A little self promotion but this my honest opinion. If you are wanting to add power from a Simmi bull you should look hard at Quick Fire. He is adding more power and consistency than any bull we have ever used. The calves have a tremendous look and are super sound.