PB Maine heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

DLB

This is a PB maine heifer of mine.  She's an Ali X Power Plus.  Tell me what ya think-the good and bad.

Attachments

• Dixie Rae.jpg
    Dixie Rae.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 639

OH Breeder

I don't think she is bad, but she is a little round in her make up for me. You would definitely want to use a bull with more angularity to him. Watch the front shoulder as well how it joins. I am also not a maine person so I can't tell you a thing about that breeding.

Telos

I think she is a good, doable heifer. Agree with OB about her being a little round in her make-up, but her breeding is very strong and should have potential as a breeding piece. Both Ali and Power Plus are two bulls that are hard to beat. Find out if she is a carrier, if you haven't already, and go from there.

McM93

Doable is a good term. She has some guys and muscle. Mate to a flat boned hairy bull and I think you will like the results!

DLB

Tested her in January....she's PHA clean-so that's a HUGE plus.  The cow was tested too-and she's clean. 

AAOK

She is a little round, but has some great extension in her neck. With really good feeding, great hair work, a fabulous clip & fit job, and a sharp showman, she might just be a winner!

I'm just glad to see someone breeding high percentage Maine-Anjou. This heifer was bred to be a female maker.

DLB

Here is an updated photo of Dixie.  She's getting pretty thick.  I'm excited to see how she continues.

Attachments

• 0418121944-00.jpg
    0418121944-00.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 579

DLB

Here is the most recent photo of Dixie Rae.  She's coming on pretty well. 

Attachments

• Dixie Rae and Ashley at Navasota.jpg
    Dixie Rae and Ashley at Navasota.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 965