PB Shorthorn Bull ideas

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cross Anchor Farms

I have a PB Shorthorn cow out of Ar Su Lu Legacy, she is tall and large framed. She has had a calf out of Jakes Proud Jazz and was not very thick. I'm looking for a clubby looking PB Shorthorn bull that will help with her frame. I'm looking into Sin City, any suggestions?

mark tenenbaum

Carriers :Exile,AHL lucky ralph,Handy Dandy,AHL Double Stuff,Double Vision,x Ray Vision,Windstar,Okie Dokie,Outcast,etc-NON CARRIERS:,Abertees Professor,Abertees RocknRoll Train,MB Steermaker,KABA Double Leader, KABA Leader 46,Arsulu 44 magnum,Super Sport,ALM Surf,ALM Sabatage,Alm Chiller,Jf Perfect Image,FSF Starburst, FSF Hardline,FSFAssasin ,EUC Tabasco,Young Money, Beer Money,Nothings Free, and the list goes on. O0

OH Breeder

No sin city. Sin city calves that I have seen and had myself were always the larger one's. He added frame to anything I used him on. I think the new group of clubby bulls should offer some great options. Look at the Denver thread and look through some of the new semen catalogs. 
Starburst calves that I have seen have been thick and very moderate in frame
Double Stuff and his sons Double Vision, 20.20 vision seem to down size but you are dealing with carrier genetics.
You could also try Captain Obvious, Coalpit Creek Leader for different twist.

justintime

HC FL Touchdown 123T ET is certainly moderating frame and adding thickness to his calves here in our herd. His 2013 calf crop includes some of the best bulls and heifers we have raised in a long time. They are well muscled. and moderate and have style. He is also calving very easily here as well.  His first daughters have raised excellent calves and they have flawless udders and are milking well.

Attachments

• The 2009 Canadian National Champion on pasture.jpg
    The 2009 Canadian National Champion on pasture.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 395

Cross Anchor Farms

Thanks guys! I'd really like to look at the Red White and Roan bull, is his semen available yet? Also have any of you seen calves out of Tabasco?

Doc

OH Breeder said:
No sin city. Sin city calves that I have seen and had myself were always the larger one's. He added frame to anything I used him on. I think the new group of clubby bulls should offer some great options. Look at the Denver thread and look through some of the new semen catalogs. 
Starburst calves that I have seen have been thick and very moderate in frame
Double Stuff and his sons Double Vision, 20.20 vision seem to down size but you are dealing with carrier genetics.
You could also try Captain Obvious, Coalpit Creek Leader for different twist.

I like the Starburst calves I have seen and have some coming, but I have heard that he is supposed to be a DS carrier??