Perfect Timing (Shorthorn Bull)

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

I just had a calf out of my Sonny cow and Perfect Timing (Full Sib. to X-Ray)  I only know of one other breeder that has used him and I wanted to know if any of you folks had any experience with his calves.  The calf came out fine and is spunky and eating all on her own.  And by the way she is simply GORGEOUS I'll be posting pics soon.  I just want to know what to expect from some of Perfect Timing's calves.  They may be similar to X-ray's so gimme some opinions of his calves too...THANKS ;D

shortyjock89

Yep, she's my favorite cow.  This is her third calf and her other two have been really good.  I forgot to mention that Perfect Timing is TH FREE.  I'm going to take pics when I get home from school.

red

Shortyjock- who owns him? I'm trying to find his picture but coming up empty. Also what is his PHA status?

Red

red

Since X Ray is a carrier for both, he has a chance of being one for PHA.

Red

shortyjock89

Yes, that would not be good if he was a carrier.  I knew he was TH free when I bred to him and I'll breed to him again, regardless of his PHA status.  The calf is really nice...can't wait to get home to take some pics.

red

He's not listed in the ASA sire summary or on their search engine.
Do you have a registration number off the straw?

Red

red

Shorthorn R Us, you are getting so good at this! How long did it take you to type that in?

(lol)

Red

stick

here are his owners according to the ASA site:

VERN-TEX SHORTHORNS,VERNON,TX
MIKE RIST/M&M LIVESTOCK,LA PORTE,IN
CHRISTOPHER L GARTON,BILLINGS,MO

shortyjock89

stick said:
here are his owners according to the ASA site:

VERN-TEX SHORTHORNS,VERNON,TX
MIKE RIST/M&M LIVESTOCK,LA PORTE,IN
CHRISTOPHER L GARTON,BILLINGS,MO

thanks stick. I was just about to check the ASA search but I guess you already did it for me.

shortyjock89

shorthorns r us said:
pretty sure that he is owned by the moore family.  same folks that produced radioactive.

It would be kind of cool if Moore's did raise him.  They're nice folks and I see them at all the bigger shows here in IL. They have some really nice cattle, especially Radioactive's mother.  Crazy thing is, they're showing more black calves this year than Shorthorns so far....Thanks to you guys who looked up stuff for me!

DL

SJ89 - given that the bull has Stinger in his pedigree and I know nothing about you favoirite cows pedigree I would certainly call the owners, or SEK, or your semen distributor to find out his PHA status --- also did you test your cows (with a name like SJ89 gotta figure some of them are Shorties)

To paraphrase farmboy -
"saving the world one defective calf at a time!!"

test your cows folks!! it is cheap insurance....

shortyjock89

dragon lady said:
SJ89 - given that the bull has Stinger in his pedigree and I know nothing about you favoirite cows pedigree I would certainly call the owners, or SEK, or your semen distributor to find out his PHA status --- also did you test your cows (with a name like SJ89 gotta figure some of them are Shorties)

To paraphrase farmboy -

DL- All of our cows are Registered Shorthorns and all of them have been TH and PHA tested.  They all came back negative.  The cow is out of Sonny and her cow goes back to NDSU Sparky and goes back to Dividend's Impact MANY times . She also has heavy Maine influence for a PB.  Her cow has Covino influence.  Since I can't find any PHA info on Perfect Timing, I plan on calling SEK soon..  Pretty excited about this calf, can't wait for her to get a little older!

DL

shortyjock89 said:
dragon lady said:

To paraphrase farmboy -

DL- All of our cows are Registered Shorthorns and all of them have been TH and PHA tested.  They all came back negative.  The cow is out of Sonny and her cow goes back to NDSU Sparky and goes back to Dividend's Impact MANY times . She also has heavy Maine influence for a PB.  Her cow has Covino influence.  Since I can't find any PHA info on Perfect Timing, I plan on calling SEK soon..  Pretty excited about this calf, can't wait for her to get a little older!

SJ89 - I knew you were a smart individual - Ill see if I can find out anything about the bull. I agree polled shorthorn is an oxymoron! DL