Perfect Timing

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Hey ShortyJock, who handles the SH bull Perfect Timing & can you please try to post a pic along with a brief pedigree? I have liked a lot of the X-ray calves, but not the genetics/say. Thanks, Cab

shortyjock89

Well, CAB, Cattle Visions carries his semen, and you can find him at cattlevisions.com.  I think Mike Rist owns him though.  If you don't like the genetics of X-Ray, you might be a little turned off by Perfect Timing since he is a full sib to X-Ray, I think they are even flushmates. You will like the fact that Perfect Timing is TH/PHA free.  I really believe in this bull and we bred alot of cows to him this year.

http://cattlevisions.com/Shorthorn/Perfect%20Timing.php

Apparently, I'm not smart enough to post his picture on here, but there's the link, I hope it works.  I can't believe I don't have any current pics of my PT heifer..I promise that I WILL get some over break. 

CAB

No, I like X-ray's calves. I was referring to hi recessive genetics. I @ leaset try to adhere to my own rule of not using a bull that carries both recessive genes.LOL. Thanks Shortyjock, I'll go to the onlinebullstud. Cab

shortyjock89

I totally understand.  I liked X-Ray's calves too, but I never owned one. I want to stay away from those recessive genes too.  The picture of PT isn't the greatest, but you can tell that he is a really deep made bull with alot of muscle.  I think the picture makes him look shorter ribbed than what he is.  I don't know of anyone around here that uses him other than me, and there are quite a few shorthorn breeders in my area.  He's a really well-kept secret..I really wouldn't be too surprised if he made a splash like JPJ here in another year or two.

CAB

I assume that you know for sure that he is double clean b/c they didn't list the PHA deal @ cattle visions. Correct. I have seen some great X-ray calves the past couple of years, but steered clear b/c of his recessive genes. Did you think that they are flushmates put in @ different times or just full-sibs. I Hope that he does take off beings you are breeding to him.Please try to let us know how you like his calves next spring.

shortyjock89

Yeah, dad talked to Mike, and he's PHA free.  I was told that they are flushmates by another guy who knows Mike and told me to breed to this bull. He is the guy I bought my Sonny cow from.  If he doesn't take off, I think it will be okay, since he is solid in pedigree and the calves speak for themselves.  We have a few different types of cows bred to him, and we are super excited to see what he gives us.  I looked on the Shorthorn website, and there are only like 5 calves registered out of him, including my heifer.  Do you think he is something that you would consider using?

red

here you go!

perfect-timingsm.jpg

CAB

He is one that I will definitely watch. I have bred some SH the last few years. I can't decide what to do with the F-1s after I get them, but have always liked SH a lot. I( hate that we have to watch so close for non-maternal lines so much harder than we use to.

kane1598

Does Perfect Timing legthen front ends; he looks a little coarse up front.  I was wondering if anyone thinks he could work on a very thick, square and hairy heatwave/witchdoctor cow that just needs a little added length. I was also thinking about the new rocky bull, ss paradise and jakes proud jazz.

OH Breeder

kane1598 said:
Does Perfect Timing legthen front ends; he looks a little coarse up front.  I was wondering if anyone thinks he could work on a very thick, square and hairy heatwave/witchdoctor cow that just needs a little added length. I was also thinking about the new rocky bull, ss paradise and jakes proud jazz.

Personally, I really like Sin City for neck extension and length. Hairy and growthy. That is what I would use on a Heatwave. You will get added bone and should improve your size. If this is a heifer I would go another direction.

shortyjock89

kane1598 said:

Perfect Timing looks coarse fronted in his pic, I'll give you that.  But, having said that, he really did clean up the front when used on my "moderately coarse" fronted Sonny cow. 

OH B is right about Sin City on Heatwave.  That cross has worked time and time again.  We did use Perfect Timing on a 1/2 blood Shorthorn heifer, and she calved fine on her own.  I wouldn't label him as calving ease, but both calves we had out of him last year came unassisted out of smaller framed cows. 

kane1598

I have not been all that impressed with sin city calves. I have seen some and was impressed with a few and thought the rest were junk.  What other bulls are making good clubby-type shorties that compete in prospect shows?  I am ahuge fan of the double vision line so waht would be a good substitute for him?

shortyjock89

Perfect Timing  ;D  He's out of DV, but without the defects! I'll have pictures of a heifer I raised out of him up soon, then you can see if you like what he does.

Jake's Proud Jazz will make them clubby and hairy too. 

Don't count out bulls like SULL-GNCC Salute or if you can get it, CF Primo.

kfacres

Not to bring up an old topic... but I remembered this bull as being promoted as double clean.. however, once I got onto the ASA search site, it lists him as being PHAC...  

reg # 4094499
anyone deny/ concur?