PETA at the CO state fair.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

This picture was at the CO state fair . The words are kind of hard to read, so here is what it says. Hell for animals. Heart attack inducing. Hazardous to the enviroment. Hypocritical to care about some animals and not others. Then they have the clover down in the corner making it look like 4-H. I know you have free speech, but this sure is a slap in the face to people that have spent their hard earned money to bring animals to show.

Attachments

• 304710_512867925405859_400454563_n.jpg
    304710_512867925405859_400454563_n.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 293

herfluvr

Doc said:
This picture was at the CO state fair . The words are kind of hard to read, so here is what it says. Hell for animals. Heart attack inducing. Hazardous to the enviroment. Hypocritical to care about some animals and not others. Then they have the clover down in the corner making it look like 4-H. I know you have free speech, but this sure is a slap in the face to people that have spent their hard earned money to bring animals to show.

Hmm.  They were int he barns at Indiana.  Dude (dressed in shorts, flip flops and couldn't see his face through his hair), had a digital thermometer around his neck.  Asked a friend "isn't it hot in here?"  Friends says " I don't know, you are the one with the thermometer."  Dude says "are you going to eat yours?"  friends says "Well no, SHE will be going home to have babies for us" (they were standing behind her, vulva in plain sight)  The stupidity of these people is astounding!! 

PETA and the HSUS are jokes.  All rightous and for the "rights" of animals but have seen them not step up to the plate when a large scale starvation is underway of a herd.  Hmmm Leachman comes to mind there with the horse herd he mismanaged.  They can KMA

knabe

Ask them why aren't they janesian.

What about bacteria.

What about wild horses and burros.

Ask them if we are animals and if so Shoukd we legislate against lions.

It's really fun to draw a crowd and expose their hypocrisy

Ask them about choice freedom and diversity and why they get to decide.

Ask them about late term abortions and how that is performed and why they don't have pictures and videos and why don't they protest abortion clinics.

Ask them how they choose to protest where their freedom of speech is protected instead of having some real guts and protesting in china?

Why not protest in Chinatown in sf?

RidinHeifer

That is a joke.  Our states need to take more responsibility and not let this happen.  I am glad they haven't shown up to IL since I've been going.

knabe

Seriously it's free speech.

How many cattle producers go to a vegan show?

In sf they have show halters on people.

iowabeef

Supposedly they bought booth space at the Iowa State Fair.  I looked for them and couldn't find them because I really wanted to confront them..  Didn't see them at all in the barns either. 

Davidsonranch

They are a horrible, mean, lying, cheating orgainizations that unfortunately have more $ than the US government.  Right now they have pushed SB 1221 in State of California that made it through Senate the other day.  It will ban - end all hound hunting in the state of California.  Million dollar industry.  Now the tax payers and state (which is already broke) will pay hired houndsmen to kill problem bears and other animals.  Bears are all ready at an all time high in population with problems skyrocketting. Lions are even worse.  But they just trap those and dump them into Oregon and Nevada.  Idiots who watch too many damn Disney movies with animals all living in peace together.  Up next is bird dogs and most likely your border collies and heelers.  Because you know, it's mean to bite the cows!!!! 

obie105

They were kicked out of Iowa after a couple of hours on the first day. Not sure what they did but we got their the next day and that was the buzz around the barn.

JSchroeder

They WANT you to confront them.  You aren't going to change their view by yelling at them, you're only going to give them what they want.

chambero

Jeff is absolutely correct - ignore them, but recognize we have to educate the same public they are trying to reach.

Texas has instituted a program called Qualtiy Counts to help teach our kids why we do what we do with animals - and specifically at shows - and some of our majors have tweaked our rules to take public perception into account (i.e. drenching of sheep only in washracks vs. in their pens where everyone can see).

jason

Going to be at Kansas State Fair also, yay!

There was pretty big hubbub about allowing them booth space, but it was granted as long as they don't infringe with either something not tasteful or go outside the boundaries of their booth.

I agree, ignoring is the best policy.

herfluvr

Jason said:
Going to be at Kansas State Fair also, yay!

There was pretty big hubbub about allowing them booth space, but it was granted as long as they don't infringe with either something not tasteful or go outside the boundaries of their booth.

I agree, ignoring is the best policy.

I just surfed their site.  There is NO WHERE on it about ongoing helping of animals.  Just propaganda baout the "cruelty".  One article took my eye being a haorse person.  "36 hours on a truck to slaughter in Quebec"....What did they expect?  All the slaughterhouses closed in the US.  And they are shocked to find out they have to travel this far to meet death???  At least it wasn't to Mexico.  They got what they wished for and now the horses suffer long rides. 

Oh and yes I would Ignore them.  Would highly recommend enjoying a nice burger by their booth....maybe a pork chop....hmmm chicken sounds good too!  Just stand there and relish every bite.  Not saying a word.  Does the "nom nom" sound count?  ;)

kidsandkows

This really annoys me too, and I think you are right to just ignore them they want to cause a scene, anything to bring more attention to them.

But the sickest I have ever felt was when i witnessed a religous group protesting at a military servicemans funeral because they didnt agree with the military's stance on "dont ask dont tell". I couldnt believe what I was witnessing! I felt so bad for the family of the serviceman, there was nothing they could do. The protesters werent breaking the law. It wasnt like the they had any control over the military's stance on the issue. That group was doing it solely for shock affect to make the news and further their agenda, they could care less who they hurt along the way. This was this families last chance to say goodbye to their loved one wheo served to protect the rights of these morons and they couldnt even do it in peace. I for one am grateful to all military service members who have served our country!

Sorry I dont want to change the subject but to me it is very similar, they want attention and will go to great lengths for it.

iowabeef

I disagree with ignoring them.  I feel it is better to have an incredibly informed and calm discussion.  They want you to get riled.....simply present facts and they fold...much like liberals.....

knabe

Jeff_Schroeder said:
I disagree with ignoring them.  I feel it is better to have an incredibly informed and calm discussion.

What do you hope to accomplish?

these type of folks are at my work.  it takes practice to have dialogue with them and not raise your voice and have a rational discussion.  not that i'm known for a rational discussion, but it works.  believe it or not, in such a high concentration of these people, it's actually not that bad talking with them.  some of them i've known to actually try meat and me try their stuff as a means to compromise.  i do bbq's at work and people have been known to try stuff.  typically, these people are younger and idealistic.  first comes desensitization. doing the unexpected allows a friendly dialogue. 

JSchroeder

There's a rather large gap between somebody at work that may be a vegan or member of PETA and an activist that is volunteering to go into the heart of a stock show and stand in front of a display attacking the very reason people are there.

One is reachable and should be communicated with.

The other is a zealot that is there for no other reason than confrontation.

It would be a like an Obama campaign staffer saying that having a rational conversation with you (knabe) would have any hope of being a constructive use of their time.  Their best case scenario is that they waste your time.  They sure as heck aren't going to sway your opinion and frankly, you'll enjoy the argument.

DKT Angus

iowabeef said:
Supposedly they bought booth space at the Iowa State Fair.   I looked for them and couldn't find them because I really wanted to confront them..  Didn't see them at all in the barns either. 

They were under the grandstands with the state troopers...