PETA demonstrators are CRAZY!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

minimoo38

DES MOINES, Iowa -- PETA officials announced Wednesday they're planning a "nearly naked" protest in downtown Des Moines on Thursday.

The "Meat is Murder" protest is scheduled for 3 p.m. at Nollen Plaza.

PETA officials said the protest will include nearly naked people lying on large trays.  The people will be covered in clear plastic wrap and signs reading "Meat is Murder."

PETA officials said the protest is a response to the 20th annual World Pork Expo happening this week at the State Fairgrounds.

"We are challenging people to really think about what 'meat' is," said PETA Manager of Vegan Campaigns Lindsay Rajt, in a press release. "Eating flesh means eating the corpse of a tortured animal who did not want to die. We're encouraging kind consumers to give vegetarianism a try."

these people crack me up.  ;D  ::)

shortyjock89

Ohhhhhh PETA.  If only they would put their time and resources into something constructive.

Show Heifer

They are there every year at the pork congress...funny thing is, most of the time they get ran out by the locals!!!

Wonder what would happen if someone showed up with a grill and BBQ sauce????

inthebarnagain

HEY, I know where there is one big enough to put a couple of people on.  Have to pull it behind your truck.  It would be worth the gas, who is in for a relay from Indiana to Iowa?

We could take signs of the benefits of grass fed, they are after all vegetarians!!!! ;D

DLD

Better yet, I know where there's a grill/smoker made out of an actual coffin (funeral directors have a kinda different sense of humor...).  Bet that'd cause a stir.

<cowboy>  ;)

sawboss

If they are near naked and wrapped in plastic, just slap a good coat of oil on them and use solar energy for that long slow roast.  This will also appease the environmentalists since there will not be any emissions escaping into the ozone.  Sorry, I usually refrain from this but today could not control the urge.

cowz

What would peta think of these guys.  (From an Atlanta Chinese Restaurant........food inspectors just closed it down....duh!)

Attachments

• mice.jpg
    mice.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 316
  • mice3.jpg
    mice3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 305

cowz

;D <hero>

Remember to enunciate when ordering in a Chinese restaurant......"I said Fried Rice, NOT fried mice!""

Red, I am so sorry, I do apologize.  I really should learn to behave!

red

very, very weak stomach!
If I see someone getting sick, even a cartoon on TV I have to leave the room. also can't watch the food challenges on Survior or Fear Factor.

Red

KCK

I know we can't believe every thing on the Internet, but this site is pretty funny.
www.petakillsanimals.com.

Sort of makes me giggle, like the shirts that say "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals".  (clapping)

farmboy

PETA CAN GO TO H-E double hocky sticks, these people are insane, do they think humans are the only things that kill animals, think about bears and wolves, they kill animals, sharks,wolves, snakes,bears,mountain lion, i say we nuke em  <hero> <hero> <hero>

cpubarn

I'm sitting in Des Moines waiting out the rain and storms coming after a day of my son's pig showing at the World Pork Expo.

What should we do to the PETA guys?  I think that we have time, as there are 15 classes of showmanship before it's my son's turn.  :p

Show heifer was right, they do this every year.  They just are after the free publicity.  It always works.

The press is a willing assistant to them.  They have done the Naked thing before.  Too bad I'm too old to care.  I'm sure it will be on u-tube 5 minutes after it is over.

Mark

knabe

according to progressive ideology, of which PETA belongs to, there is no such thing as ethics.  they just like imposing their anti-will on others.  as usual, they offer no protein source.  just like the dems with oil, energy.  i wonder if they think like peter singer, that a human is not a human till the age of 2 or 3 and is therefore ethically harvestable for any reason.

Show Heifer

I would almost take them on with the "human sized" grill, and the coffin thing is just too cool!!! I could go to Sams Club and buy a couple gallons of bbq sauce, and a truck load of bread!! (Ok, that thought is just too nasty to even imagine!!)

What is sad is the Iowa paper, The Des Moines Register, is supporting these folks, by allowing them the free press, and even allowing them to run full page ads. Several years ago, PETA ran an ad in the paper and LOTS, and I do mean LOTS of people canceled their subscription. They have since backed down, but still, the Des Moines Register is anti-ag, anti-farm.
Sad, but true.

cpubarn - cover your heads up there...storms coming your way! (I mean tornados, thunderstorms etc)!!