PH negative Irish whiskey for maintainers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbzdad

Is there  a Irish whiskey son , PHA neg that has been successful on angus cows for maintainer heifers?I know that TH seems to have positive phenotypic response , I thought that PHA was not a positive phenotypic trait . any opinions

knabe

you are going to see one's offspring in denver this year 3/4 owned by griswold's.  gmbs pendleton.

i think he's been using him on angus.

LIMO

I think there is a full brother to Whiskey called "Free Whiskey" that is PH Free.  Anyone used him?

bcosu

LIMO said:
I think there is a full brother to Whiskey called "Free Whiskey" that is PH Free.  Anyone used him?
i think we might have a calf coming out of him. not sure but if it is a free whiskey, i will let you know.

mark tenenbaum

Teets farms in West Va has a TH_PHA free bull called WHISKY REBELLION- his calves are really good-out of shorthorn-angus-maine-and simmi based cows This is a really good bull. O0 Adds some chrome-nice frunts-and alot of substance-along with good structure. Theyve sold quite a good bit of calves over the last three years-on Show Steers .com-West VA. O0 <beer>

hntwhitetail

cbcfarms said:
LIMO said:
I think there is a full brother to Whiskey called "Free Whiskey" that is PH Free.  Anyone used him?
i think we might have a calf coming out of him. not sure but if it is a free whiskey, i will let you know.

How did the free whiskey calf look??

chevelle

jbzdad said:
Is there  a Irish whiskey son , PHA neg that has been successful on angus cows for maintainer heifers?I know that TH seems to have positive phenotypic response , I thought that PHA was not a positive phenotypic trait . any opinions
We use a bull called Whiskey Business.  They are nice.  Way it sounds they might start to promote him a little, females are really producing.

bart22

jbzdad said:

I own a bull named  Special Reserve that is PHA free, and in my opinion is the best clean Whiskey son available. Semen is available through SEK Genetic Horizons.

Attachments

• Special_Reserve_Herndon_2.jpg
    Special_Reserve_Herndon_2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 240

hntwhitetail

Anymore?  I'm looking for one to be a clean-up bull for some calls that don't get caught by A.I.

iheartcattle

Gestrich in Wisconsin have one. They raised Headliner and Monopoly. The bull they got for sale is a cool looker too. Gestrich mainly has Angus