pha/milk

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

any thoughts on whether phac lines take away milk has anything to do with pha or that certain club calf show lines take away milk?  is overfeeding heifers out of these lines hiding lack of milk?

garybob

knabe said:
any thoughts on whether phac lines take away milk has anything to do with pha or that certain club calf show lines take away milk?  is overfeeding heifers out of these lines hiding lack of milk?
I think that the Clubbie Cattle,period, in any breed take away milk. They just aren't selected for function. When you feed both the cow, and creep the calf, it's hard to see who the "winners" and "losers" are. Kind of like Cowz' "Math Teaching" Joke. It really isn't funny. Just like the kids in the example, you also end up with cattle that can't function in the real world without being "helped" by the "Manager".

GB

red

I'm doing my own little experiment next year. I have 2 full sisters. One is a carrier & the other clean. The carrier heifer milked great. I have bred the clean heifer to the same bull & she will calve next year. Should be interesting.

Red

Latest posts