Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS2

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattledog

I have taken an interest of photography of my cattle, and who know, maybe other people's cattle one of these days.  Here is my question.  Is Photoshop CS2 overkill?  I remember a post that somebody was saying they use different elements packages.  Could someone help me understand what software packages I need to make the professional images necessary with photography.  I realize that this is just one part.  The picture taking is pretty important too!  Thanks!

Bawndoh

CS2 IS overkill for cattle photos.  You shall be fine with Elements...any of the versions.

jason

I have got accustomed to CS2, but there is a ton of features that I do not use. I am not sure of all the features of elements.

You can go to adobe and download a free trial of either, just need to sign up.

Cattledog

Ok, that is what I was looking for.  Are there any big differences in the versions of Elements.  Should I get the latest version?

jason

I can't tell you from first hand experience, but here is a review between the two.  I would download the trial of elements and work on a few cattle photos and see if you can change what you need to change.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm

Cattledog

Jason said:
I can't tell you from first hand experience, but here is a review between the two.  I would download the trial of elements and work on a few cattle photos and see if you can change what you need to change.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm

Thanks for the articls!  It looks like I will need to look at both of these and figure out how deep I want to get into this.  I am thinking the price may convince me to go with the Elements package!  ;)