pics of cattle trips

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

I just read JIT's post on his trip to Scotland and many people seem interested in pictures. I thought I would start a new thread with pics and info about any cattle trips that anyone has been on. Last August I was in Ireland for the World Angus Secretariat. It was an incredible trip and a beautiful country! Ireland is a little cheaper than Scotland as it uses the Euro instead of the english pound, but I think they like their liquor even more! We would arrive at a farm for a tour around 10:00 am and there would be a spread of tea , scones and whiskey!

There is more grass in Ireland than I have ever seen, therefore the cattle were in great shape and looked good, however sometimes they were overshadowed by the scenery!

Hope this attachment works.

Attachments

• irelandpics.txt
    357 bytes · Views: 165

dori36

worthabit said:
I just read JIT's post on his trip to Scotland and many people seem interested in pictures. I thought I would start a new thread with pics and info about any cattle trips that anyone has been on. Last August I was in Ireland for the World Angus Secretariat. It was an incredible trip and a beautiful country! Ireland is a little cheaper than Scotland as it uses the Euro instead of the english pound, but I think they like their liquor even more! We would arrive at a farm for a tour around 10:00 am and there would be a spread of tea , scones and whiskey!

There is more grass in Ireland than I have ever seen, therefore the cattle were in great shape and looked good, however sometimes they were overshadowed by the scenery!

Hope this attachment works.

Hey, I 'd love to see your Ireland pics.  You need to send them as jpg's rather than txt files.  Try that!

worthabit

here we go! Sorry :)))

Attachments

• ireland2044.jpg
    ireland2044.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 465
  • ireland2002.jpg
    ireland2002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 472
  • ireland2018.jpg
    ireland2018.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 474
  • ireland3007.jpg
    ireland3007.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 460
  • ireland3015.jpg
    ireland3015.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 475

shortyjock89

Looks like I might need to move to Ireland.  Flush my best cows, put the eggs and my semen in a tank, and ship it over.  I just love looking at Ireland and Scotland, and the pics of the cattle make it that much better! Thanks for sharing.

worthabit

Here are some more pictures. The people were incredible as well. They have so much history. We ate in an 800 year old pub and went to the oldest bar in Ireland, over 600 years old. I would go back in a minute. We are actually closer to the British Isles than we are to most of you living in western North America!

Attachments

• ireland3018.jpg
    ireland3018.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 429
  • ireland3019.jpg
    ireland3019.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 456
  • ireland3021.jpg
    ireland3021.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 421

shortyjock89

I'm a history freak, I think I could spend a couple months in the British Isles and never be bored.  Those are some good lookin cows too.  How warm was it there when you went?

worthabit

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I'm a history freak, I think I could spend a couple months in the British Isles and never be bored.  Those are some good lookin cows too.  How warm was it there when you we

It wasn't warm at all. It rained pretty near every day. The Cdn Angus association gave us jackets to wear (they were more of a fall jacket) but I guess they knew what they were doing! The Irish said it was the wettest summer on record.

OH Breeder

Great pictures. The home or castle is neat. Always thought it would be neat to have one if I were rich. Beautiful landscape.

red

just unbelievably beautiful! I love the castles & the countryside. Their cattle look to be good producers!

Red  (thumbsup) <party> (clapping)

cattlejunky

very nice pics.  i have always wanted to travel in Europe.  Love all the history and the scenery.  thanks for sharing

red

We love to watch Masterpiece theater on PBS. The huge estates in England are breath taking.

Red