pics of some calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

These are some pictures of some bred heifers and calves -
Pic #1-  my sisters registered angus bred  heifer sired by traveler 004
Pic #2- my registered angus bred heifer out of danny boy
Pics 3,4,and 5- my who made who x angus heifer - hopefully my show heifer for next year.
I would love your comments and criticism of each of these heifers - i am getting into livestock judging and would love to hear what you appreciate/would like to change about these heifers. Also, what would you breed these to? On the angus heifers, what angus bull would you use and which clubby bull do you think would work well? I think i will probably breed the who heifer to an angus bull for her first calf and would love to know which bull, angus or clubby, you would use.Thanks for your comments!! ;D

Attachments

• DSC_0136.JPG
    DSC_0136.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_0140.JPG
    DSC_0140.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC_0144.JPG
    DSC_0144.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC_0160.JPG
    DSC_0160.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 424

Cowgurl101

Here are a couple more pictures-
Pic #1 is a mytty in focus bull calf out of a first calf heifer by right time 338- born at 75lbs
Pic #2 is my angus heifer calf by our herd bull?(future direction x traveler 6807) out of a right time 24j cow
Pic #3 is a 3yr old angus cow and her feb 28th heifer calf by our herd bull. I know its a bad picture, but it show the growth of the calf in relation to the size of the dam with a month left to go till weaning!!
Once again, i would love to hear your opinions on these calves, especially the heifer in pic#2. I am debating whether or not to keep her, and if i do keep her, what bull to breed her to. Do you think she could produce good clubbys or would you breed her reg. angus? Thanks for your comments!!
I know its early to think about breeding these heifer calves - im just so excited ;D

Attachments

• DSC_0157.JPG
    DSC_0157.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC_0165.JPG
    DSC_0165.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 415

farmboy

i think all the heifers pictured would fit right in in my herd, man look at the shag on the who  :eek: keep em all  <cowboy>

maine106

Nice set of calves with lots of reason to be excited!

As for your Who heifer she has a lot going for her!  Without seeing her in real life I would probably like to lengthen up that front end a bit.

I have a friend that would recommend the Angus bull Old School just to get that calf on the ground. 

And good luck with judging.  It can be a lot of time spent but also LOTS of fun!

Cowgurl101

What would you consider a fair price for my who heifer ( the hairy one) just from her appearance in the pictures? Im in montana so it would probably be harder to sell her, (and im not sure if i want to yet) but im curious what you guys would ask for her after she is weaned. Thanks for all the nice complements!! ;D