Pics page 1

Help Support Steer Planet:

DiamondS

Here's a few pics of my cows.  1. 3 yr old polled Hereford cow.(P69)      2. P69's heifer calf born May 1st.      3. P69's heifer calf    4. K18- 2000 model Polled Hereford cow  5. Twin polled hereford heifer calf

Attachments

• P69 resize.JPG
    P69 resize.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 241
  • cP69 resize.JPG
    cP69 resize.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 236
  • cP69 rear resize.JPG
    cP69 rear resize.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 219
  • K18 resize.JPG
    K18 resize.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 248
  • L82 calf resize.JPG
    L82 calf resize.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 218

DiamondS

P69 is out of a really nice MM Pacemaker 073 X Wrangler 832W bred cow and our herd sire MS Lucifer L42.  Her mother is a half sister to the K18 cow.  K18 is a victor bred cow out of the 832W daughter.  P69's heifer calf is out of our herd bull.  His breeding is  CL 1 Domino 048K X HH Advance 0086K.  The last calf is a twin heifer calf by my old show heifer Lily.  Her breeding won't be familiar to many people. Lily's sire was taken off the showstring to breed cows and was struck by lightening as a two year old.  The heifer is sired by a son of KJ VCR101 Mastermind 071J. 

DiamondS

Thanks!!  These girls have great attitudes.  Maybe a little too gentle, but make great starter cattle for younger inexperienced showmen as their calves are very quiet too.  They are very forgiving!  I put these girls in with the registered Angus herd to help with disposition.  One of the best things I did.  Thanks for your comments!  I am proud of my girls!

shortyjock89

showsteerdlux said:
Yes. Probably some of the most gentle cattle around. Very good cattle to start with imvho.

Yeah, Diamond S, you've got some nice herefords, and I'll say that they're just good cattle, even though I am a bit partial to my Shorthorns lol.  I really want to compliment you for having such nice udders on her herf, not such an easy thing to accomplish IMO.

DiamondS

The Angus cows settled down as much as they were going to.  The previous manager was pretty hard on the cows-- they had no faith in people, but are certainly doing better!!  It is possible!!!!!!