Pictures: I swore I would never have sheep, The boys won!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I would have never thought my boys would ever have sheep.  A good friend suggested it and the Boys won out.  As you can see they dress the part of a sheep farmer!
Grady(4) thinks since we blow the calves, we should do the same with the Sheep.  Gavin(5) loves to wash!
RSC

Attachments

• Sheep 1.jpg
    Sheep 1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 634
  • Sheep 2.jpg
    Sheep 2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 664

Turkey Creek Ranch

My dad always hated sheep, but my mom and her parents used to raise them. So she finally won out and said, if we show calves, we are showing sheep. He actually has grown to like them some, and wants to get a few head for breeding, but we jsut dont have the room with the cows.  (clapping)

red

Tony those are precious pictures. I hope they, Jill's boys & gidget's never get together. There'd be one huge mud puddle to play in!

Red

kanshow

Precious!!!!   

I think it's a nice starter project.  Sheep are fairly easy in comparison to cattle & pigs.    They were a great confidence builder that really worked in getting our daughter back in the cattle ring.   

angusboy1

my nephew is like that he sees me washin me pigs or my new calf he was over yesterday and seen e washin the calf so he had to get he lamb and wash here and his goat

kane1598

I showed lambs and cattle all my 4-H years and had a pretty successful club lamb flock.  Sheep have alot of positives, especially for kids.  I always liked the cattle better.

Telos

Showed lambs for my first two years and it was a perfect starter project for me. When I got my first show steer it made me feel like a big shot and very important. Never went back to showing sheep.

txshowlamb

you will have fun i raised shee for five yrs and even had one that chased are car and if we went to slow hopped in the back they have a lot of personality