Pictures-Just for fun

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Here's some pictures that I took recently. The first one I took yesterday I thought it was funny to see all the cows lined up in the pond. The second one is a VERY heavy bred cow. She is due Aug. 29 AIed to Cherry Bomb or least I hope so because I can't imagine she was bred by our bull because she looks like she is going to pop. She looks like she will have a litter instead of one calf. Then a picture of one of our heifer calves in the pasture. Last picture is of my daughter and her friend with her bass she caught recently. It was her biggest fish she has ever caught!!

Attachments

• Cows 7-30-08 012a.JPG
    Cows 7-30-08 012a.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 503
  • Cows 7-30-08 035a.JPG
    Cows 7-30-08 035a.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 505
  • Cows 7-30-08 040a.JPG
    Cows 7-30-08 040a.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 506
  • Brandy, Moonshine, Donald 010a.JPG
    Brandy, Moonshine, Donald 010a.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 509

CPL

Those pictures sure are funny! That pinzgauer looks she's too high class to fully get in the pond. Looks like she's turning up her nose to the rest of them. The second cows HUGE. I really like the heifer in the 3rd picture and thats a nice bass and in the 4th. Nice pictures!

HVNR

Attached pic was taken yesterday am here in the swamp in Illinois. The three heifer calves apparenlty like the manure pile....  They are late may and early june calves.

Attachments

• Heifer_Pile_July31st_08_s.jpg
    Heifer_Pile_July31st_08_s.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 448

shortyjock89

HVNR said:
Attached pic was taken yesterday am here in the swamp in Illinois. The three heifer calves apparenlty like the manure pile....  They are late may and early june calves.

Where is your swamp at?  I know things really havent completely dried up here (an hour east of Champaign-Urbana).  Will you guys be at state fair?

cattlejunky

Good pics.  the momma cow is huge.  did your daughter catch that bass in the pond where the cows are?

HVNR

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
HVNR said:

Where is your swamp at?  I know things really havent completely dried up here (an hour east of Champaign-Urbana).  Will you guys be at state fair?

We are in western IL Pike County, and it has been wet and very humid. Hopefully the break continues and the hay we are mowing dries out for us ? Just now getting to second cutting.

We will be at state fair... Junior and Open  Simm, %Simm.  Good luck with your shorthorn heifer, are you showing junior and open ?

shortyjock89

Ah, Pike county...deer heaven!  I sure hope you get all your hay put up, we actually might have enough this year! 

Yeah, we're showing Jr. and Open with one Shorthorn, and two Appendix Shorthorn heifers.  We stall in the basement of the open show-ring.  Will ya'll be in the junior barn?

HVNR

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Ah, Pike county...deer heaven!  I sure hope you get all your hay put up, we actually might have enough this year! 

Yeah, we're showing Jr. and Open with one Shorthorn, and two Appendix Shorthorn heifers.  We stall in the basement of the open show-ring.  Will ya'll be in the junior barn?

We will be in one of the open poll barns 36B or D, never can seem to remember which one. Do you know, is Chris B. the superintendent again this year ? We were thinking about taking dividers over tomorrow am to setup.

worthabit

Just to let you, we could never take that picture here. About five years ago a law was passed creating buffer zones of at least 10 meters along all bodies of water to keep crop runoff and manure from entering the water and supposedly destroying the fish habitat.  It creates alot more fencing and loss of pasture. I believe that one of the main problems is nutrient leaching from the soil but not from the manure as there are far less cattle here now than in years past and at the same time potato production has sharply increased. Potatoes are a row crop that require heavy amounts of fertilizer (approx. 1300 lbs/ac of 14-18-15).

reno1014

I want to know when that cow has her baby if it is multiples.  She looks like she just might, either that or you feed REAL well.

SKF

Cattlejunky- Yes the bass was caught in the same pond the cows were in.

Worthabit- That sounds like a terriable law. Most people around he have ponds in the pastures. Our cows would hate life if they did not have access to the pond because it is to hot here.

Reno1014- I will post on here when she has her calf or calves. We do not feed her any grain she is on straight grass. She has big calves her first calf weighed 102 and her second was 95 and every time she looks like she is having more then one. Maybe one day she will have more then one. I am afriad this calf will be very large if it is just one!!!