Pictures: My Son's Investment!

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

garybob said:
Ever notice that cows that ain't "show-bred", always seem to produce the best calves when mated to these clubby bulls?

GB

hybrid vigor is pretty much maximized in this combo.  it's probably why some have rented the club calf bulls from lautner's, including clones, and think they'll do well.  it's also why heterosis will be diminished in subsequently similar matings.

RSC

Updated pictures of Grant's cow and the Heat Wave steer.  I turned them out to grass so I snapped some more pictues.

RSC

Attachments

• Milky Way and Steer 1.jpg
    Milky Way and Steer 1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 626
  • Milky Way and Steer 2.jpg
    Milky Way and Steer 2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 614
  • Milky Way and Steer 3.jpg
    Milky Way and Steer 3.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 636

oakbar

Man, its good to see these young folks soaking up all that good cattle experience.  You just know that it'll make em better people on down the road.  Congratulations on doing great things for your kids.

RSC

oakbar said:
Man, its good to see these young folks soaking up all that good cattle experience.  You just know that it'll make em better people on down the road.  Congratulations on doing great things for your kids.
Thanks for the kind words.  Grant is sure getting excited about the cattle business.

RSC

showsteer09

wow I think u guys did good keep up the good work and by the way nice cow.... (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (cow) (cow) (cow) <party> <party> <party> O0

RSC

A few more snapshots I took!

RSC

Attachments

• Milky Way and Steer 4.jpg
    Milky Way and Steer 4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 484
  • Milky Way and Steer 5.jpg
    Milky Way and Steer 5.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 480

RSC

Davis Shorthorns said:
very nice calf
Thanks, Now it's breeding decision time for Grant.  HW, Naughty Pine or Da Bus.  I think were going with Da Bus,  I seen a Bus steer this Spring that was very good and the cow was a Baldy that looked very similar to this cow.

RSC

Attachments

• DaBus-2-27-04_small.jpg
    DaBus-2-27-04_small.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 456

Will

When my son was born my in laws gave him a hfr and my wife and I gave him a hfr.  He is almost 6 and has 3 cows and 1 hfr calf and almost $3000 in a savings account (sold a hfr for $2350 last year).  We started the same program for my daughter when she was born.  She is now 2 and her hfrs both calved with hfr calves this past spring.  We look at it as a way for them to have anterest in the farm and a way for them to build up some money for college. 

Jill

Isn't DaBus a bull DP has interest in?  I think I remember him from a couple of years ago, haven't seen much out of him.

RSC

Grant, Decided he should show the calf he raised as a feeder this year.  Here's some pictures I snapped of him.  We just started workin him.  He's draggin the halter in our front small pasture!

RSC

Attachments

• Hot Tamale 1 Small.jpg
    Hot Tamale 1 Small.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 503
  • Hot Tamale 2 Small.jpg
    Hot Tamale 2 Small.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 496

Latest posts