Pictures of my daughter two show heifers - Opinions Please!

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

These are our daughters two show heifers that she just brought home from the fair on Friday and turned out. 

Carney was reserve champion simmental, we raised her.  She was out of an OCC Emblazon daughter that was a baldy with white on her stomach.  Her sire is Coal Creek Kingpin, a Meyer 734 son our of a Traveler 23-4 cow.  He only has white on his face.  Where her chrome came from is still a mystery.  The judge said she was wastey and beat her with a heifer that should have been in a market heifer class, didn't really agree with that one. 

Chynna was reserve champion chianina.  She is out of Friction.  She placed where she should have in the class. 

The third picture is our rotten donkey Fiona who would NOT stay out of the camera view.  This little darling took enough sedative for a 1200# horse and was still fighting us when we trimmed her feet.  We didn't get them trimmed.  I put her on the calf hoof trimming table, just like a cow and she never moved. 

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• Carney.JPG
    Carney.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 627
  • Carneyrear.JPG
    Carneyrear.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 608
  • Chynna.JPG
    Chynna.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 614
  • Fiona.JPG
    Fiona.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 599

farmboy

nice heifers, only one problem with both of them....

THERE NOT IN MY Pasture!  <cowboy>

and i guess thats another reason they say "stubborn as a donkey"  (welcome)

NHR

Good looking heifers!

Here is our newest Duchess bloodline Shorthorn.

Attachments

• ROVS Cherry Bomb Duchess - 2008 State Preview WEB.jpg
    ROVS Cherry Bomb Duchess - 2008 State Preview WEB.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 592

ShowmanQ

Both look pretty good in my book (clapping) Looks like they are right where they need to be, and by the looks of them you should be very happy with them as cows.

inthebarnagain

Thank you so much for the great comments!  Our plans for all of our heifers is for them to be in our herd.  The baldy heifer we bred to Northern Lite, the friction heifer is bred to Northern Improvement.  We opted for calving ease first and foremost and something that we could register second. 

And Fiona always gets the most attention, she kind of demands it. 

We may take them to Louisville, we haven't decided yet, thought we would let them go out and be cows for a couple of months first, they are so much happier in the pasture. 

Is it just me or is everyone else getting anxious to wean this years crop and get started on them????  I can't wait to clip them and get some pictures for my favorite judges, the SP crew!!!!

shortyjock89

I really like what I can see of that Friction heifer, something about her.....aww heck I love most Friction calves.  That baldy is nothing to sneeze at either!  I just started getting little calves in, our small little calf crop is definitely the best we've ever had, can't wait to start working on them full time!