Pictures of my daughter's first deer!! ( not cattle related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

;D  Well, my daughter and my husband went out to "their" deer stand last Saturday for the first time.  She saw three deer come up and she aimed for this doe.  My husband looked through his binoculars and said she made a perfect shot behind the shoulder.  She is 12 years old and just got this new gun two weeks ago.  She has only done  target practice with the gun one time before she shot this deer.  She was so excited that they had to put the deer in the back of the truck and drive all over town to show everyone that she knew.  She couldn't wait to go back out that evening and hunt again with her daddy.  She is a "daddy's girl" for sure.  She is a great kid and I was very happy for her.  Oh, and she has taken some courses over gun control so that made me feel much better. 

Attachments

• PA240122.1.JPG
    PA240122.1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 431

red

don't think I could do that. My sister-in-law went hunting in her 7th month of pregnacy.

Red

knabe

PETA, where are you when we need you. ;D

red, we had a guy in robotics that used to take the ants outside.

red

Knabe it's not the killing issue. It's having the patience to sit out in the cold for hours!  ::)

Red

knabe

oh,   kill the ants, kill the ants.

i think some kids can sense rare traditions.  most can't.  maybe that's why......ugh, must resist must resist hijacking.

i love deer meat, better than elk even, probably like the sausage best though for some strange reason.

though i will stick duck medallions up against almost anything except port smothered foie gras.  along with a good cab, i think i could almost go full roman and binge and purge all night and sleep in my slime.  come to think of it, along with a cigar, i've done that a couple of times, though i did make it to the porcelain god.

good job on the deer.

chambero

Simmymom - you started it, so here's our contribution. 

My son's (Conner - 9) first deer from last Saturday evening.  He shot him in our "bull" pasture - where our bulls stay while not earning their living.  One thing about it, we don't have to worry about neighbors sneaking into this one hunting.  Our watch dogs (11 mature bulls) are pretty good at keeping out the riff-raff.

032608_Photos_031.jpg

032608_Photos_030.jpg

Seconds after shooting her.  For those of you that like guns, he's shooting a wildcat Sako 25-223 that a very good friend and coworker of mine gave him this fall when he heard I was about to buy him his firs rifle.

032608_Photos_029.jpg

Photo of the area he got her at.  Bulls are back to the left out of the photo.

Simmymom1

Thanks Knabe, coming from you that is a great compliment!!  I am very glad that she is one of those kids that has picked up on those "rare traditions".  I think if more kids had the opportunity to do things like hunting and fishing ( and showing cattle ), the world would be a better place.  JMO.... Lisa

Simmymom1

knabe said:
how come all the clothes for both boys and girls look the same?

You are funny...do ya think the girls should wear a camo dress or what?  (clapping)

knabe

Simmymom1 said:
knabe said:
how come all the clothes for both boys and girls look the same?

You are funny...do ya think the girls should wear a camo dress or what?   (clapping)

dudette.  bubba alert.

http://www.soldiercity.com/womens-wood-camo-knee-length-skirt/p/12428/?utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=ci&utm_keyword=WMN54057&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=23-3996984-2

kanshow

Way to go kids!!  My son has been itching to go this year. 

A camo dress wouldn't ge complete without the camo leotards & camo Choo heels!

steermomintx

You go girl!!!  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

I have to add mine too!!

Attachments

• 1st buck.jpg
    1st buck.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 362

Cattledog

red said:
Knabe it's not the killing issue. It's having the patience to sit out in the cold for hours!  ::)

Red

I hear you Red!  I come from a long line of deer hunters.  I used to deer hunt because....well....that is what my family does.  I hated every second of it and to top things off I just don't sit still very well.  Now, everyone still goes and deer hunts and I'm usually running a blower!  I enjoy the quite time on the farm!  :D

Davis Shorthorns

I cant wait till dec.  I got a small buck last year, but I am a meat hunter and I usually shoot the first deer that I see.  Oh and congrats on the first deer.  I still remember my first deer my dad kept saying that it wasn't any bigger than my dog.