Pictures: Washed & Clipped our PB Strictly Business donor Today......

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

After reading threads this week about picturing donors we decided it was time to get a mature picture of Jessica since we are planning on selling a couple flushes this year.  Thought I'd share the picture first with SP friends to see what everone thinks of the picture.  Thanks

Jessica is a PB Maine: Strictly Business X GVC Whitney. She is the dam of Dr Business the Denver Display bull from a couple years ago as well as "All Business"  the second highest selling Maine Bull from the Classic this last February.

Pictures;
1. Jessica- Taken Today
2. Dr Business
3. All Business

Tony

Attachments

• Jessica 4-17-10 #1A.jpg
    Jessica 4-17-10 #1A.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 493
  • Dr Business Denver.jpg
    Dr Business Denver.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 435
  • All Business Classic 1.jpg
    All Business Classic 1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 433

AStar

What are you going to sell flushes for? I think she would work great with Who Made Who for females.

RSC

I have a friend that flushed a SB to Who and got along real well so it might be a good mating. The two bulls are out of Dr Who so 3/4 sibs. PM me for details and price. Thanks

RSC

I sold the semen interest on Dr Business and kept a 1/3 interest in All Business but he hasn't been collected yet.

farwest

Is all business close to freezing,  btw, still waiting on my new show barn.. (clapping)

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Nice cow Tony , I need to put that eggin or it could be fopr sale if anyone interested... FARWEST-when do we get to see some picture of these new calves, like out of Marshmellow .....Is this her RL

Attachments

• Flashy-1.jpg
    Flashy-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 142

RSC

fed_champions said:
Wow, idk, her hind leg and lack of rib leave me questioning her true donor potential, plus shes a deep chested common looking *****. If you can sell flushes from that picture, let me know how your marketing scheme results in devoted, return customers. The bulls portray the same hard body type as their dam, and one question, how can you afford to keep her in the skeptical condition that she is in?
Thanks now I Know!  <rock>

Keep working at it.

Tony

BIGTEX

RSC said:
fed_champions said:
Wow, idk, her hind leg and lack of rib leave me questioning her true donor potential, plus shes a deep chested common looking *****. If you can sell flushes from that picture, let me know how your marketing scheme results in devoted, return customers. The bulls portray the same hard body type as their dam, and one question, how can you afford to keep her in the skeptical condition that she is in?
Thanks now I Know!  <rock>

Keep working at it.

Tony

All of these nice new Planeteers!!!!!

herefordfootball

fed_champions said:

Tony,

You got a h3ll of a cow there. Wish I owned her myself. She's long made, deep bodied, good boned, got great lines on her and a pretty nice front to her. But that doesnt even come close to the calves she's made. Dr. Business and All Business are both AWESOME bulls. I wish I could afford the first flush on her, but right now we're investing in some recips so I can put in the embryos that have been sitting in my tank. But believe me, if you are still offering a flush down the road or even better for me a  few full sib embryos to Dr. Business, put me down for a package.

roundrobin

I have had nothing but a positive interesting relationship with Tony.  I don't think that was anyway to talk about his cattle.  Barbie.

cowman

fed_champions said:

How's the saying go....better to let people wonder if you are a jackass than to open your mouth and prove it??

Well done, confirmation received.

Having said that, RSC I think you can get a better picture/angle on the cow.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I saw that earlier this morning an tried calling Tony , it seemed a litttle harsh for just seeing a few pictures,pictures are nice but the right person can make them look great , an Ihave seen pictures that I'm sure  couldn't be that bad a critter...Back to the cow of Tony's , she is a working cow in that kind of condition , she has helped Tony's pocket book a few times on offspring ,embryo's an is still breeding back and working for him with out a lot of fuss. People have on numerous occassions asked me which bull or heifer in our sale that I liked the best.. An my answer still holds true , the one that makes the most money for me .   People have all kinds of different opinions in this (still )great country an are able to express them freely, but here comes the hard part, that person you are talking to also has a opinion, in my younger years I know I hadn't figured that out...You can have the greatest picture cow in the world and if she don't produce and make you money , she's just a good looking picture ...

knabe

for me, she profiles nice out of her withers on both sides, has a good front end, would like to see less shoulder point which can be seen in her feet, a scissor stance on the rear legs for the pic, have a fuller front quarter, i would like to see a little more depth.

nice female.  is she homo black homo solid homo polled?  if so, flush her to a fullblood like covino III, general jackson

Cowboy

Just for the record, I personally hd th epleasure towork with this cow for a alost a year last year. We did 4 flushes her, and onewas done elsewhere before she came. She is the ongest bodied cow I can remember coming here, and was only a 3 year old ithcalf at side while here.

She did everything I asked her to do, and quite well. She i one of those pretty ex-show hfrs that actually CAN make them as good ro beetter han herself. That is a not too common statement today -- as most of these pretty cows do not reproduce like they look.

Tony -- you should be proud of  her, I was and still am. The young fellathat posted above may need to go to a more recent school of hard knocks -- I congratulate you fo being so composed -- I doubt if I would have been that nice!

Just for his info -- after 4 flushes here, two weeks after the last flush I bred her ONE time for Tony before he picked her up -- and she calved right back to that! Good Job Tony -- meybe I'll see her again!

Terry
<cowboy>

BCCC

I like her, and like her calves even more. However I do think you could have gotten a better picture. Take a couple hours to get her just right, and at an angle that is almost oppostie of the one you have(more than one person will be needed)

AAOK

Nice looking cow, Tony.  I like that phenotype, because you can breed to so many bulls for different styled calves.

Cowboy

SORRY FOR THE TYPOS

I get in a hurry some times, and even then, my aging keyboard will omit letters or not space at times too -- so unless I totaly re-read the post, it comes off as if I am totaly STUPID ( Some even say that I am !!)

Terry

linnettejane

Cowboy said:
SORRY FOR THE TYPOS

I get in a hurry some times, and even then, my aging keyboard will omit letters or not space at times too -- so unless I totaly re-read the post, it comes off as if I am totaly STUPID ( Some even say that I am !!)

Terry

thats not at all what i thought!  i thought maybe you'd had one too many  <beer>

;)

knabe

Cowboy said:
SORRY FOR THE TYPOS

Terry

at first, i thought it was jcowboyl