Picturing Cattle

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bawndoh

What do people charge to picture your cattle.  I have been asked to do about 40 bulls for a sale catalague, and would like ideas of what to charge.
Thank You!

braunvieh

I wouldn't know what to charge but I think it would depend on how much you have to do. Will the bulls be on the halter and posed for the shots or out in the open? Will you be provided help to get the bulls to stand correctly? I would think the more work the photographer has to do to take the picture, the more that it should cost.

Bawndoh

Yeah, even I can agree that $100 a calf is outragous.  Unless you are doing a large promotion on that one animal. 
This assignment will be of bulls loose in a pen.  I will have one helper forsure, but hopefully more. 

WWS

I know of one guy that take pictures and does a great job and his going rate the last i knew was $300 dollars a day plus mileage

TMJ Show Cattle

Cindy Cagwin-Johnson of Illinois is as good as anyone,she charges 375.00 a day plus mileage. She will take a "ton" of pictures,not just a few. You will have to take time to be with her to help. That is professional pricing so let your conscious be your guide. In other words, how good are you? I would assume you are new to doing this so I wouldn't think you could command the prices of Cagwin, Sneed, or Collins. Good luck,do a bang up job at a fair price and go from there.

the angus111

I think getting somebody thats good at it is worth a ton.pictures are essential to market.my picture taking is like a 1st grader taking pictures.probably why i cant sale nothing also.maybe practice what i preach. rusty