Pledge of Allegience

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

This is cool
If your are an American, you WILL understand what Red was stating so very long ago, and what it has to say for our GREAT countries image today.

May God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click on the link below.  (I think the YouTube is better!)

This is soooooo wild. 1969, how did he know... good old Red.

Some may remember him but he passed away before many of you were born. Red Skelton was a good & funny man. He  ended every show by saying, 'GOOD NIGHT AND MAY GOD BLESS'. Listen to the end of this.  It is something he said 39 years ago in 1969.

Very important that you listen to the very end!! Eerie! How would he have known that this is what is happening? Click on the link , and turn your sound on.

http://patriotfiles.org/Pledge.htm

OR

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfz2XDXaeqc

knabe

america is wasting it's time on searching for something it already has and is about to throw away.  liberty.

good post jill

Doc

Thanks for the post Jill, Red is one of my favorites. When we bought our 1st DVD player, a DVD of his TV show was the 1st thing played on it. (thumbsup) (thumbsup)

Cowboy

(clapping) Congratualtions Jill -- this is something from my past I hold dearly --EVERY day.. Let me explain if you will.

Growing up in SE Minnesota (yes I know) in the 60's, we had only black and white tv -- with local channels --I think 4 of them.

The absolute highlight of my entire week of TV was the RED Skelton show. I remember those days like yesterday, the sound of his voice at the end of his weekly show was always -- seemingly -- close to tears. He wavered when he spoke of sincerety -- because he was. The BUM segment was always a favorite of mine -- he did it so well. His stand up was top rate and most of the time impromptu speeking! He was already THERE when Kennedy was killed, he was there for us on X-mas -- he was always just THERE -- he made us all smile, and cry at times too.

I have this very same rendition saved to my computer -- since 2001 when I recieved it. I listen to it at least once per week, and I still get goose bumps. WHY -- well it is simple. If there is a single person in this country with ANY devotion and love of this country -- it will bring you to your knees if you REALLY listen -- listen DEEP.

I said this verse every single day while in Viet Nam, many of them with tears in my eyes -- yup -- I cried too -- scared the cap out of me to go -- but i went -- and RED was always with me. He was my buddy -- I never met him, but would have walked a hundred miles to do so. His love of country, his love of fellow man he lived and worked with was uncanny. A sincerety we do not have very much of today.

Yes I do agree, he had visions of times to come -- now they are here! We have a presidential candidate that will not recite this, nor will he honor our flag with his hand . We have another who -- as well as the first -- will not even honor us with the official language of English by a simple vote. Yet they both expect to get elected to govern our vast country and it's policies. Folks, there is something very wrong with today -- us OLDIES grew up with respect, honor, loyalty -- and for the most part integrity -- I fear alot of that is going away.

The part of GOD BLESS, if you remember the show --was his signature -- "Good night and may GOD BLESS" ..

Good heavens -- it's cold in here -- or is it me?? Sorry if this happens to impose a bother to any one, but I am what I am, and RED is still in my heart -- thank you Jill -- you didn't know how much I loved the man -- thank you!

(thumbsup)

Terry

shorthorns r us

anyone know how to save that file so that i don't have to download it every time i want to watch.

afhm

Speaking of the  Pledge of Allegience, have any of you seen the pics and emails floating around of how Obama reacts during the Pledge?  IMO not how a candidate for president of the US should act.

knabe

afhm, the pictures and videos i've seen are of him during the national anthem where it is not "required" to place your hand over your heart.  there is a video of him reciting the pledge of allegiance on the senate floor where he does place his hand over his heart and recites it all, including under god.

http://thinkonthesethings.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/barack-obama-refused-to-say-the-pledge-of-allegiance-youve-been-played-for-a-daggone-fool/

irh

What a wonderful man, he was!  This needs to run on TV every day, so our young people could see how our generation was raised.  We had pride in our country.