Plum Island

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

Just got the new Angus Journal today. There was a big story on the Animal Disease Research Center that is located on Plum Island. The island is 840 acres, and is located in a remote location off of the New York Coast, and is only acessable by boat or helicopter. The facilities are becoming outdated, and there may be "leaks" of diseases that are being researched there. Basically, the story was the history, and purpose of this center, and also, the new location for the facilities. They are looking at moving it to the USA Mainland. There are 5 potential locations on the mainland, plus rebuilding on Plum Island. What do you think about them moving this Research Facility to the mainland? Can it cause problems if not maintained properly? Is it worth the risk of moving it? What do you think.

I couldn't find the story online, and there is much more to it. So if anyone finds it before me that would be great.

Turk

Turkey Creek Ranch

I know there are 5 spots that they are looking at. The closest to me is Manhattan, Kansas. I think that they are in each corner, and the middle of the US.