Pohlman's sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Is anyone going to their sale this Sunday? I wanted to but we have a family get-together the same day. I'm interested in lot 9. We bought a flush that will be full sibs to her. Have 2 confirmed pregnancies. She looks really good in the catalog.
They have some really maternal cows in their line-up. Very impressed w/ what they're offering. also they seem to have all the test results published.

Red

DL

Randy and Pearlanne have done a really good job - IMHO - the catalog has some impressive offerings

YNOT CATTLE

I certainly plan on being there again this year.  There offering is getting stronger and stronger each year.  Good set of cattle, and good set of people to do business with.  My two cents worth.

red

let me know what you think of lot 9. We were going to look at the cattle before the sale but just ran out of time. The boys were chopping there & said the cows were impressive.

Red

YNOT CATTLE

Reporting back from duty Red....lol

Went to the sale.  My goodness it was hotter than blue blazes.  Poor cattle were hurtin bad.

lot 9 just looked like another heifer to me........she sold for 1750

Cattle went CHEAP.......too cheap actually

Telos

I watched the sale on- line. Great set of cattle went for far too cheap IMO. It was a buyers market.

red

That's what I thought when I saw the prices. was it too hot? I was shocked at some of the prices. You could have picked up some really good cows for very little money.
I'm curious to see how Rowe's sale will go. there are over 250 animals in it. I'm glad we didn't put anything in the sale to be honest. Too many lots for you to get buried.
I've heard that prices have been low at several sales in Ohio. Is there a glut of sales or not enough interest?

Red

YNOT CATTLE

I personally don't think its a glut of sales.  I'm pretty sure its a lack of Hay in south Ohio, South East Indiana, Kentucky and so forth.  Not only is hay extremely expensive down this way, but there is none to be bought.  Just my two cents worth.

Malinda

Hey SRU,

Hay in my neck of SW Ohio has gone from $2 to $8 for square bales and from $25 to $100 for round bales. That is if you can find any.

Makes me glad my cow numbers are down.

Have neighbors that have sold all their cows because their wells and creeks are dry. Lots of people hauling water. Every time I go to run water I hold my breath until I see water; so far so good.

SRU, how's that old friend of mine doing?

Malinda

bluegrass

Hay is definetly the issue in this area, most folks don't have enough to feed the stock the already have so buying more stock is just not a good option at this point. I think that cattle will be strong here in the spring when grass starts coming on.