Point Taken vs. My turn

Help Support Steer Planet:

brick hollow

Interested in these two bulls. Would appreciate some feedback, give me the good, bad or the ugly!

herefordfootball

I've seen a lot of good My turns that were big boned and square hipped. I like them a lot better than the point takens, but thats just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

nck21

I like our Point Taken calves. Both of them were unassisted and are thick. I wouldn't say he makes them like Monopoly but I will use him again.

OH Breeder

Really liked the calves I saw last fall out of My Turn. They were thick topped and rear end. I saw one bred back to a Who cow and it was freaky long necked and was a little tank. I haven't seen that my Point Taken calves in our neck of the woods.

KMJCC

My brother-in-law has had a few really nice My Turn calves this year and last.  Haven't seen any Point Taken calves that I know of.

Sundy

We got a My Turn heifer last night out of a really good correct 1/2 blood Simmental cow. The cow is good haired and has a lot of white. The calf is tight haired and has some wave to the hair. However, My Turn did solid up her color pattern. Nice calf but nothing great. We should be getting some more soon and I will have a better idea after we get them.

CM

We really like them both!!! Point Takens come kinda big so make sure you put him on big cows, and they are a little shorter necked, but otherwise perfect! My Turns are great also they come a little easier, maybe because not as much bone but enough! They really get fancy looking with age!  Well that's my opinion for what it's worth. Good Luck

Dyer Show cattle

Saw some great my turns at a sale last year and was really impressed. I took 5 of my best cows that usually get bred sunseeker and bred to My Turn this year. Have 4 on the ground unassisted that look great. 1 black bull out of a smoke char/meyer 734 son cross. 1 black bull out of a black maine/meyer 734 son cross. 1 set of black twin heifers out of a nichols angus cow (lost one of the twins though). And 1 black white face heifer out of a black whiteface nichols simm cross cow. All the calves have been about the same size prob around 100 lbs, thick and hairy and clean. They do not have as much hair as previous sunseekers but they are all cleaner upfront on both cleaner made cows and soggy made cows. All were up and sucking on their own in a hour or so and have not had any defects or any walking issues.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Got the My Turn calf, about right size ,out of a E161 daughter so helped with birth,hairy, very active, hope he straightens out on his front legs ,but got a good start...Also had a Yellow Jacket calf out of full sister to Northern Gun ,the heifer calf real slender an also very active an is all black so no red gene in this cow ..

Attachments

• IMG_5665 copy--------206--MY TURN---.jpg
    IMG_5665 copy--------206--MY TURN---.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 158

WFCC

heard that they my turns have structure problems? any feedback on that comment?

herefordfootball

WFCC said:

I havent seen any that have had structure problems, they've all seemed pretty sound. But thats just the ones I saw at the shows and a few at a sale.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The guy that works for me , Rick  thinks our MY tURN IS A WINNER, weighed 98 an Rick says is really thick and was a  handful to weigh and tag ...WILL have a picture of some Monopolys , one came yeaterday, 82 lbs. out of Charolais cow, full sister to the  Husker bull and he had a lot of calving ease ....

Dyer Show cattle

WFCC said:

4 out of the 5 I bred this year have no issues, all good thick calves and sound. I have not heard any issues with structure either.