Pole Barns

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bawndoh

I am looking for some help in finding a pole barn package, or a reliable manufacturer of supplies for a pole barn.
We are looking to build a 40x60 half shop, half cattle barn.  We are located in Saskatchewan, but are looking for information on suppliers in
North Dakota and area...somewhere we can easily drive to if it is necessary to pick up supplies.
Who would you suggest? Who to stay away from, etc.?

simmyman67

Buy all of the supplies and just hire labor, that will save like forty percent of the cost! If you hire a company to do everything, it will be much more expensive!

TPX

I PM'd you some contact info of a guy that sells buildings.  We learnt a lesson the hard way and bought a package that a local lumber yard was selling cheap and lets just say that combined with the guys that we got to put the building up for us there had been alot of repairs needed every year.  One other thing we learnt is we will never put a sliding door in another building again, after this winter we had a hard time getting any of them open with all the snow built up around the sliding path of the bottoms of the doors. 

GoWyo

Anyone have recommendations for roll up doors for pole barns?  I am looking in that direction due to the small amount of space they take up versus overheads and definitely better for weather issues than sliders.