Possiple Flush?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LFFASHOWER

I am thinking about flushing this cow I am thinking about flushing her shorthorn and using sexed semen. Here is a picture of her and her first calf. Her first calf is a drifter heifer. Any ideas on what to flush her to would be appreciated. The cow is a Salute x steermaker. The cow picture was taken a couple years ago.

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 698
  • Lot 10.jpg
    Lot 10.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 823

dimebag

I think your cow did very well with her first calf , how about flushing her the same way ?

sue

That drifter daughter is pretty nice. I saw her in person - you should try it again.

BadgerFan

Ditto.  I think the purpose of ET is to quickly multiply success, not gamble.

skeeter

Looks like Drifter really clicked.  I'd probably take the guesswork out and go that route again.  Or, just a thought, I'm thinking if you want to try Shorthorn, FSF Starburst.  He's not a carrier.  pictures and info on him are at Farrer Stock Farms on showsteers.com.  I talked to Mr. Farrer about him last week and he was very informative.  Mark Copus owns part of him and he's leased to Nelson Plumbtree (raises really good Shorthorn steers in Oklahoma) for fall possession.  Just something different to think about.

OH Breeder

With the popularity of the Shorthorn Plus and blue roans I wouldn't hesitate if I were you to try what you obviously have that works. That is pretty nice female you have there. Its proven to click why not go that route?

LFFASHOWER

The cow is actually 7/8 shorthorn. so the calves cant be shown plus at most shows.