Post Heat wave (ADH)

Help Support Steer Planet:

TYD

does anyone have a clue or guess on how many units of seman have been sold out of hw or the clones

farmin female

LostFarmer said:
That reminds me of a joke we used to use.  The name of the best dairy bull ever raised was veal.  I think the same could be said for beef cattle which one if given the chance would really produce?  Same with females how many heifers end up as steaks that could have been great ones.  LF

I think this may hold more of the truth than anything.  That "next great bull" ended up a steer........

stangs13

DCC show cattle said:
Monopoly will not replace heatwave everyone has seen really good calves but has one proved himself as a slick shear steer? Great hair and seem to work but im kinda tired of everyone praisin monopoly when he hasnt done near enough in my opinion to call him the one or even say he is going to be the one. I have seen better dirty hairy calves which is an ali son. JMO and there will be another such as heatwave as soon as the trends change and people start to try other bulls, Heatwave is a legend and will be there were great ones out of him but as also stated there are a lot more calves that were called heatwaves that had ZERO heatwave in them just because it was a good marketing tool.

Grand steer at houston this year was a Monopoly.

Im liking TW and Monopoly so far!!

farwest

Its hilarious people think the clones don't throw exactly the same. Who will take over the throne now.  Well year clones of course and will until the trend changes. Tw won't cause he's not dirty. Monopoly may be way overblown.

steerjock48

monopoly is better than heat wave,monopoly is the most consistant club calf bull on the market to day

SHAGGY

I dont think there will be another bull with the success of HW anytime soon. For all those that think Monopoly will, I highly doubt it, for as much semen has been sold on this guy he hasnt dominated the winnings like that of HW, they make look good when they are young but get really plain the older they get. For all of those who bash HW on structure and this or that, i would guess you are the type of people that stand at the middle to the end of the class and whine cause you think you got screwed over when in all reality you simply got beat by a better calf sired by a bull you dont like. If you had many problems with structure on the heatwaves maybe you better look at your cowherd instead of the bull, we have used him on almost all of our cows and never had any problems with structure. Really the only thing i could fault HW on was the fact that his daughters didnt milk, but are we really trying to get heifers, No not if your breeding to heatwave. We will not know for several years who will take the throne, but if another bull does come along to compare to HW success I would be interest in buying part of them lol (clapping)

Show Steaks

ive never been a "heatwave" fan i put heatwave in quotes becuase i question how many actually were form the real heatwave, not just a good calf out of a son or clone

monopoly may be but he has too much angus in him to be breeding back to angus cows
milkman has some real good ones but some REAL big calves
as much semen as smillin bob and simple math sold they should have a good rookie year

DCC show cattle

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I didnt know that i guess i got caught with my foot in my mouth my bad but seriously what other proof is there other than one even yahtzee had a champ in houston...

chambero

Monopoly heifers seem to be doing pretty well even as yearlings +.  I think where he'll have a chance as mature steers is if we continue to backoff muscle s little in favor of smoothness and uniformity.

BDCO

rackranch said:
I believe that Champion was in San Antonio...
even yahtzee had a champ in houston...

no monopoly did have the grand steer at Houston this year! the grand steer at san antonio was out of glovers ammo bull if I'm not mistaken

rackranch

He said had.. I was talking about 2008 SA champ...
BDCO said:
rackranch said:
I believe that Champion was in San Antonio...
even yahtzee had a champ in houston...

no monopoly did have the grand steer at Houston this year! the grand steer at san antonio was out of glovers ammo bull if I'm not mistaken

DCC show cattle

the yahtzee calf i was talking about was 05 if im not mistakin and yes yall are right on the champs this year and the lightning jack in 08

stangs13

[/quote]

Really? I didnt know that i guess i got caught with my foot in my mouth my bad but seriously what other proof is there other than one even yahtzee had a champ in houston...
[/quote]

For as few calf crops as monopoly has had, I think thats doing pretty well.

cattleking

here is to my knowledge of the recent grands,

2009- Houston~ i have no idea but i think it was my buddy chris with his yellow jacket steer
2010- San Antonio~ Ammo388 X ???
Id have to research and ask around for the rest but,

Lil Raymond Doreck-DSC

rackranch

Talked to Chris at the buckle and he told me the steer was named yellow jacket but out of a heatwave (of course) and when I asked him why he called it yellow jacket he said he just liked the name..We have a yellow jacket steer out of a heatwave cow this year that has a true market steer look to him and is doing very well in the show ring..
cattleking said:
here is to my knowledge of the recent grands,

2009- Houston~ i have no idea but i think it was my buddy chris with his yellow jacket steer
2010- San Antonio~ Ammo388 X ???
Id have to research and ask around for the rest but,

Lil Raymond Doreck-DSC