Pour on wormer

Help Support Steer Planet:

GLZ

Which pour on wormer do you use?  Also what are your thoughts on generic pour on wormer. 

Looking at the prices in the local farm store this evening.  The generics are 1/4th of the price, and pretty hard to pass up.

showgirl2010

We usually dont use the generic...we use dectomax, but due to this WONDERFUL ;D economy we have we are using the generic brand this year...Ivomectin...and yes it is a heck of alot cheaper...200$ verses 45$...i think...dont hold me to it but there is a HUGE difference. 

Jamie

JR Cattle Co.

Funny this topic should be posted as I was speaking with numerous vets in our area, and they reported that after fecal testing, the majority of the cattle tested had a count of over 24,000 parasitic units per fecal sample after using a pour on type wormer.  Previous testing apparently showed less than 2,000 units per fecal sample.  I decided to switch it up this go around and give em the old oral treatment.

showgirl2010

I can understand that.  Injectable being more acuurate than pour on when it comes to parasites inside them, but not just the regular mites, and nasty grub that cause them to loose their hair.  In the fall we use injectable womer and pour on in the spring.  I dont know why my dad does it that way, but we do.

Jamie

Turkey Creek Ranch

We use Ivormectin. It has worked well for the most part, sometime we pour our show steers twice to prevent worms further.

Latest posts