Power Plant ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

yuppiecowboy

Dont know how to post pics, but you would not be impressed. back in the early 90s if you had a power plant out of  a total power out of a black power play out of a black power, boy you had something. Especially if you had a heifer and bred her to total play.

Great bull even today. Cows dont milk though, and for God's sake dont linebreed him or you might get calves with six legs, upside down jaws, and who knows what. Guaranteed crippled for sure. I think PP is the patron saint of the soundness issue we have today. Sure look cool though.

OH Breeder

Power Plant

A power planet x Traveler T510 angus cow we had

Attachments

• Power_Plant.jpg
    Power_Plant.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Power Plant x traveler T510.JPG
    Power Plant x traveler T510.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 401

knabe

is there a better scan of that pic?

not to be too critical, but he looks over in front, too straight behind, too stiff swollen pasterned, too tube gutted, too open fronted, too weak topped, too coarse jointed behind.  did he have white in front of the navel/sheath?

of course these comments should be in context of what was available then, which i don't know anything about.

i have a PP granddaughter cow as well.

chambero

Every one of the spastic paresis "issues" we've had track back to a bull we owned out of Playmate and a Power Plant cow.

I loved the nomination for "patron saint of soundness issues". 

C-CROSS

He tended to make them a little tight in the heart girth and high in the flank, and you needed to really watch as they tened to be a bit to straight.

justme

We had a Powerplant x Cunia that was red and was one of my all time favorite cows...sadly we lost her to old age..  She was such an asset to our farm.  Milked great, and produced super steers and heifers.  She worked best with Ice Man and our FSC Knight Rider bull.

Throttle

Agreed that a lot of the soundness issues that we fight in the clubbies today seem to be greatly magnified when you get PP close on both sides of the pedigree, and he is in about all the pedigrees somewhere. I remember right in the mid 90's that most all the bulls were PP's and if you had an outcross it would say real big on the add, "No Powerplant". Bulls of the time were the likes of Platinum, Heavy Metal, Sonar, Witchdoctor, Pistol Pete, Jolt, Foreplay, Powerball, etc. Then in the next generation shortly after came WMW, Totally Tuned, Nuf Said, etc

shortdawg

The reason I asked was I bought a heifer that is sired by SULL GNCC 100 Solutions out of a Heat Seeker X Power Plant cow.

Latest posts