Praise God! Rain in Texas!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

qbcattle

Just wanted to give a shout out to the man upstairs! All of Texas has been in dire need of some rain and now a good bit of Texas is Finally getting it!

chambero

Congratulations.  How much have you gotten?  Practically all of the state needs it so badly.

It keeps missing us.  We got maybe a 1/4 inch this week.

qbcattle

anywhere from an inches and a half to 3 inches its been a blessing these cows dont do too well on dust!

justintime

Hope you get another 1-2 inches every few days. When it gets that dry it takes a bunch of water to bring things back to normal, especially when it is hot!  Good luck!

Cattledog

DBL J1 said:
We got 2.20 near College Station this morning , very welcomed !

Just curious.  How fast did the rain soak into the dry ground?  I'm real happy for all of you!

dimebag

It soaked in pretty quickly , not seeing many puddles this afternoon ! and yes , hopefully put out the fires in the area !

steermomintx

Yes a big thank you to the man upstairs!!  My husband had some hay grazer planted that was on its last leg but now we will get to make some hay!!!  So very lucky he hit it just right!!!

olsencattleco

We got 5 3/4" this morning here in Corsicana which is an hour south of Dallas.  Our whole county got anywhere from 4-6". Hopefully we can get a little more behind this one to do some good.

bart

We got  2.8 in Iola.
"rackranch" hope you guys got your cattle out to saftey. The fire is 75% contained as of 5:40 this evening.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the BBB <party>

dimebag

Olsen , are ya'll making any hay up there ? I'm about 2 hrs SW of Corsicana , most people are only making about 1 rd bale per acre around here .

olsencattleco

We have only done one cutting which was the rye grass. Last year we baled 500 big rounds and this year we only made 250. So we were at 50% to where we usually are.  Our coastal looks decent but still not near ready to cut if we get to at all. What town are you from?

dimebag

olsencattleco said:
We have only done one cutting which was the rye grass. Last year we baled 500 big rounds and this year we only made 250. So we were at 50% to where we usually are.  Our coastal looks decent but still not near ready to cut if we get to at all. What town are you from?
  Franklin , about 35 minutes NE of college station .

Simmgal

I'm glad some of y'all are getting some rain! We were reallllllllly dry here in Virginia last year, and are so thankful to have rain this year! I hope you keep getting the rain you need! :)

Lodoen Cattle

Up here in the Northern Midwest we have not had a full week of dry weather.  We have bad flooding problems everywhere.  If mother nature was kind to us both, she would maybe flip flop our present climate so you could get more rain and we could get less.  Hopefully you start to get more rain so you can lessen your worries.