Predator

Help Support Steer Planet:

sizzler14

What does everyone think about Predator? Whats he working best on? Is he calving ease? I have an eye candy monopoly and ali heifers to breed this spring. Any info would be great

CAB

I think that he is a great bull & will be used more & more as the years go by. He is bred similar to Gucci & Gucci can be used on heifers with caution, but I would probably not use Predator on heifers myself. Doesn't appear to be a good calving ease choice to me, and particularly not on clubbie bred heifers. JMO

BadgerFan

A friend of mine used the bull last year and his two top steers (in my opinion) were Predators. 

Calving ease though?----NO.

hntwhitetail

BadgerFan said:
A friend of mine used the bull last year and his two top steers (in my opinion) were Predators. 

What were the dam's breeding?

BadgerFan

hntwhitetail said:
BadgerFan said:

The one steer was from a Witch Dr. cow and the other an Ali daughter.  One or the other was pretty darn big at birth.  He had others, but I can only recall those two since I had them in my sale.  Heavily Maine influenced cow herd if that helps you gauge anything.  FWIW, he and I agreed he needs to continue using Predator.

hntwhitetail

BadgerFan said:
hntwhitetail said:
BadgerFan said:

The one steer was from a Witch Dr. cow and the other an Ali daughter.  One or the other was pretty darn big at birth.  He had others, but I can only recall those two since I had them in my sale.  Heavily Maine influenced cow herd if that helps you gauge anything.  FWIW, he and I agreed he needs to continue using Predator.

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking about using him on an ali out of a full sib to the crowd favorite bulls.

ATM OH

Do you have a picture of your Ali cow out of the full sib to the Crowd Favorite bulls?

wessington

Predator calves lacked performance and were our least desirable calves this year. He did not work for us, I would not use him again.

hntwhitetail

ATM OH said:
Do you have a picture of your Ali cow out of the full sib to the Crowd Favorite bulls?

I have a couple pics on my other cell phone.  I'll try and grab them.  Big boned and hair.  I have her bred to my I-80 son for her first calf this spring.