Preg test

Help Support Steer Planet:

jnm

I preg tested herd yesterday. Out of 36; 33 pregnant
I had AI'd 15 before the bull and others just with bull for 80 days. Would you be satisfied with this result?
Two non responders one year old so they went to feed lot; other a 2 year old with good first calf; I'll move her to fall calving herd and give another chance.

CPL

I would be happy. Cull the opens and keep replacements out of the fertile ones.

shortdawg

Last breeding season my friend had a cow that had a C-section on her first calf. We synched her just like the others and she showed no signs of heat. I talked to the ABS guy and he said breed her anyway because sometimes you can hit those non-responders. I did and she has a nice red/white heifer from the AI sire born in Sept.  I memtion this because of you comment about the non - responders. Sometimes you gamble and win.

gatorbait

91% conception rate is pretty good. I agree with Shortdawg TAI the heifers and cross your fingers. If you use CIDRS or MGA you might could jump start noncyclic heifers don't know what protocol you were using. In the past I would have said sell the 2nd time heifer but giving her one more shots not too bad getting heiferettes rebreed is hard. If she ever misses again though she should ride.