pregnancy question

Help Support Steer Planet:

spencer f.

I know this sounds silly - But what are the chances that a heifer will stay pregnant  - After a cidr and lut protocol has been started ?
Its a long story - But will give the short version - Show heifer bred by angus bull - so not have to deal with during show season -
Ultrasound safe to calf - about 45 days. At jr nationals heifer gets sick and starts discarding fluids. After returning home vet examined
says open - start cidr and lut protocol bred heifer AI.  Now January - heifer is bagging and swelling out similar to other show heifer bred at same time
due first part of February.  Any ideas about this ?  Thanks Spencer

fryguy

Had one Christmas eve walk buy the shop and I noticed that she had a foot of clear discharge hanging out of her. She was also rough housing with some of the other cows, putting heads up on tail heads and so forth. Christmas morning shes still messing around and white as a ghost with frost because she was sweating so bad and it was some could that night. I just let her go and wasn't to happy about the whole deal because she was due on Feb. 5. Now I haven't seen another heat on her since and last week she bagged up and now is settled right in good. She looks like she is going the calve in the next couple days so your guess is as good as mine. Oh after I thought she was in heat I kept an eye on her for the next couple of days and did see blood on the ground where see was laying and also on her rear. I am clueless on this one but will let you know how it works out.