President's Speech

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

kimbaljd said:
King Arthur said:
Yuo're right he is the president of the US. I didn't vote for him & will never vote for him. But it's like Knabe said he didn't come up with this plan. They started working on in 2008. Now if it works (& I doubt it will) then he should probably get some credit for it, but not all the credit, the American people should get the majority of the credit for believing in this country & making it happen. Did you give Pres. Bush credit for gas prices going down last fall? Did you blame him when they went up last year? Obama talked about no pork in his future plans , but it sure is there.

I'm just saying he's your president. I don't see how you can argue that. You might not have voted for him, but he won and you live in America; the people he represents...There are so many people it's hard to please everyone.I'm not talking about what they've done or planning on doing.

Why is it that all you LIBERALS insist on saying that we have to claim him as our president, yet you LIBERALS have whined, moaned, complained, griped and said "Bush is not your President"? Isnt whats good for the goose good for the gander? But then again, it is ok to ridicule everything there is under the son about Bush, but if us CONSERVATIVES make one negative peep about NOBAMA we are being racist and hate mongering?
[/quote]

Exactly!!!!!

oakbar

I heard someone on one of the news shows last night say that we've become the United States of Entertainment and our Presiden is a gifted actor.  Probably fitting for someone who acts likes he's playing a part in a movie instead of being a true leader.  The only problem is you pay for this movie at the beginning with our tax dollars and after its over in four years with our children's incomes.    I hope he succeeds, but then I always pull for the guy with big dreams in the movies as well--no matter how screwed up his strategy would actually be  in real life!!

TJ

oakbar said:
I heard someone on one of the news shows last night say that we've become the United States of Entertainment and our Presiden is a gifted actor.   Probably fitting for someone who acts likes he's playing a part in a movie instead of being a true leader.   The only problem is you pay for this movie at the beginning with our tax dollars and after its over in four years with our children's incomes.    I hope he succeeds, but then I always pull for the guy with big dreams in the movies as well--no matter how screwed up his strategy would actually be  in real life!!

The word "hypocrite" means actor.  Obama just might win an academy award before all is said & done.  I hope I'm wrong about him, but everything that he's done so far has me really concerned.

JbarL

TJ said:
oakbar said:
I heard someone on one of the news shows last night say that we've become the United States of Entertainment and our Presiden is a gifted actor.   Probably fitting for someone who acts likes he's playing a part in a movie instead of being a true leader.   The only problem is you pay for this movie at the beginning with our tax dollars and after its over in four years with our children's incomes.    I hope he succeeds, but then I always pull for the guy with big dreams in the movies as well--no matter how screwed up his strategy would actually be  in real life!!

The word "hypocrite" means actor.   Obama just might win an academy award before all is said & done.   I hope I'm wrong about him, but everything that he's done so far has me really concerned.
we gave him the stripped shirt and whistle....now he's makin' some calls....he nows how a democracy works....and if hes guilty of anything its taking advantage of of all this buracratic who ha.....and while one side dosnt have time to read something, or there party has 3 differnet opinions....he zips by them and passes legislation....the republicans can play the " just say no" game all they want... but sooner or later they are going to have to represent the people in there states and residents....i say if the republicians get on board by the time immigration comes to the table...you may see some change in obamas democratic stance on illegals....he does stand for change, and illegals are a problem in this country....democracy works from the bottom up......we havnt seen that actually in action for sometime....we all have an opinion on all these upcomming issues by venting our concerns to our state reps....if we are not using the tools we have as citizens....then we cant complain about the actions our senators and congresmen take when they do there job....the pace of the game has stepped up, and this guy is makin' some calls....hes done left them behind once already....there are still some more major issues that are soon to be addressed as well......health care/illegal immigration/labor organization/and free trade....they dont stay long on his desk.....so if you have an opinion, youd better get it to your representive and hold them  accountable as well, cause thats there job.....the problem is when an elected official has a majority of citizens wanting one thing....and them in turn  telling the same citizens that they dont no what they are talking about...and they use there vote they way "they want to"..........thats not going to last long anymore........jbarl

TJ

JbarL said:
TJ said:
oakbar said:

The word "hypocrite" means actor.   Obama just might win an academy award before all is said & done.   I hope I'm wrong about him, but everything that he's done so far has me really concerned.
we gave him the stripped shirt and whistle....now he's makin' some calls....he nows how a democracy works....and if hes guilty of anything its taking advantage of of all this buracratic who ha.....and while one side dosnt have time to read something, or there party has 3 differnet opinions....he zips by them and passes legislation....the republicans can play the " just say no" game all they want... but sooner or later they are going to have to represent the people in there states and residents....i say if the republicians get on board by the time immigration comes to the table...you may see some change in obamas democratic stance on illegals....he does stand for change, and illegals are a problem in this country....democracy works from the bottom up......we havnt seen that actually in action for sometime....we all have an opinion on all these upcomming issues by venting our concerns to our state reps....if we are not using the tools we have as citizens....then we cant complain about the actions our senators and congresmen take when they do there job....the pace of the game has stepped up, and this guy is makin' some calls....hes done left them behind once already....there are still some more major issues that are soon to be addressed as well......health care/illegal immigration/labor organization/and free trade....they dont stay long on his desk.....so if you have an opinion, youd better get it to your representive and hold them  accountable as well, cause thats there job.....the problem is when an elected official has a majority of citizens wanting one thing....and them in turn  telling the same citizens that they dont no what they are talking about...and they use there vote they way "they want to"..........thats not going to last long anymore........jbarl

Actually, we are supposed to a republic, not a democracy.  In the pledge of allegiance, we pledge to "the republic" not to "the democracy".  That is problem #1 in this country, we are drifting away from being a republic & if we keep drifting in the direction we currently are, we eventually will have tyranny.  Just check out ever other govt in history.  Also, our Govt was never intended to being doing a lot of the things it's currently doing. 

I agree that Obama has the white shirt & the whistle to make decisions within our constitution.  He is the president of the USA & I respect him because of the office that he holds, but I do not like how he is conducting business & I don't have to. 

BTW, drifting from the topic a little... the separation of Church & State was only meant so that the Church would not control/run any Govt & that the Govt would not control/run any Church.  That's the way it should be.  HOWEVER, it was never meant to be the way it is today.  Churches should be allowed to speak about Govt & the Church should be the "conscience of the Govt & of the people" (just not try to rule either), and the Govt should be able to speak about Christ (just not try to rule over the Church).  We just don't need any Church run Govts or Govt run Churches, like we saw with the Roman Empire, where Constantine forced all the pagans to join the Roman Church.  However, we've drifted from the original intent of the separation of Church & State, just like we are drifting from being a republic towards becoming a democracy & if we keep drifting, we will lose all of our freedom & we will end in oppression. 

We are changing & before long, we may become the U.S.S.A.  Maybe not in name, but in principle.  I hate to say that, but I see it happening more & more before my very eyes & Obama is only speeding up that process, IMHO.  Scary times & not because of the economy either.

OH Breeder

Knabe, the definition of LIberal say nothing about taking. See below. Who's definition are you using to define what a liberal is and what a conservative is? Enlighten me please. seriously

Political liberalism is the belief that individuals are the basis of law and society, and that society and its institutions exist to further the ends of individuals, without showing favor to those of higher social rank. Magna Carta is an example of a political document that asserted the rights of individuals even above the prerogatives of monarchs. Political liberalism stresses the social contract, under which citizens make the laws and agree to abide by those laws. It is based on the belief that individuals know best what is best for them. Political liberalism enfranchises all adult citizens regardless of sex, race, or economic status. Political liberalism emphasizes the rule of law and supports liberal democracy.

Cultural liberalism focuses on the rights of individuals pertaining to conscience and lifestyle, including such issues as sexual freedom, religious freedom, cognitive freedom, and protection from government intrusion into private life. John Stuart Mill aptly expressed cultural liberalism in his essay "On Liberty," when he wrote,

Economic liberalism supports the individual rights of property and freedom of contract, without which, it argues, the exercise of other liberties is impossible. Economic liberals want little or no government regulation of the market. Economic liberalism holds that the value of goods and services should be set by the unfettered choices of individuals, that is, of market forces. Some would also allow market forces to act even in areas conventionally monopolized by governments, such as the provision of security and courts. Economic liberalism accepts the economic inequality that arises from unequal bargaining positions as being the natural result of competition, so long as no coercion is used. (See also Free market, Free trade, Liberalization)

JbarL

TJ said:
JbarL said:
TJ said:
oakbar said:

Actually, we are supposed to be a republic, not a democracy.   In the pledge of allegiance, we pledge to "the republic" not to "the democracy".  That is problem #1 in this country, we are drifting away from being a republic & if we keep drifting in the direction we currently are, we eventually will have tyranny. 

we have fought war with ourselves and then war after  war after war....and then korea...then vietnam...and iraq twice....to spread democracy....not republic....i'm certainly not saying i agree with / or disagree with any of  these wars  ....but i would respectivley disagree with your priority of democracy vs republic.....jbarl

kimbaljd

Doc said:
kimbaljd said:
King Arthur said:
You're right he is the president of the US. I didn't vote for him & will never vote for him. But it's like Knabe said he didn't come up with this plan. They started working on in 2008. Now if it works (& I doubt it will) then he should probably get some credit for it, but not all the credit, the American people should get the majority of the credit for believing in this country & making it happen. Did you give Pres. Bush credit for gas prices going down last fall? Did you blame him when they went up last year? Obama talked about no pork in his future plans , but it sure is there.

I'm just saying he's your president. I don't see how you can argue that. You might not have voted for him, but he won and you live in America; the people he represents...There are so many people it's hard to please everyone.I'm not talking about what they've done or planning on doing.

Why is it that all you LIBERALS insist on saying that we have to claim him as our president, yet you LIBERALS have whined, moaned, complained, griped and said "Bush is not your President"? Isn't whats good for the goose good for the gander? But then again, it is OK to ridicule everything there is under the son about Bush, but if us CONSERVATIVES make one negative peep about NOBAMA we are being racist and hate mongering?

Exactly!!!!!
[/quote]

And in addition to what I just said earlier, I work for a very large company and for the past eight years I have listened to, read and watched clips of videos that the LIBERALS have sent out and I took it all in stride and just bit my tongue. Well since you have a new NOBAMA president there have been a couple of people fired for forwarding on anti NOBAMA emails. Tell me how in the world there is any justice in that. For a group/party that is supposed to be so understanding and open minded, what a joke!!!! They are more polarizing than the conservatives ever thought about being.........

TJ

James Madison wrote:  "Democracy is the most vile form of government... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention: have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property: and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."   

John Adams wrote: "Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

JbarL

TJ said:
James Madison wrote:  "Democracy is the most vile form of government... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention: have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property: and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."   

John Adams wrote: "Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

i wonder 200 yrs ago when the famous words were predicted....if they thought it would take it 200 some odd yrs to for it to  happen....or what we should do to recogonize it....?  or what to do after this democracy?.....how many oppertunities do we get to dump it?....do you think they would have recommend to do it beforre the stock market crasshes??...or when the price of foriegn oil is so costly....or when mortage rates reach a certain level....or maybe right after we get back from the moon...?  they all  predicted faliure then....and some still do....jbarl

kimbaljd

TJ said:

And yet people wonder why the "Red Necks" cling to their GUNS AND BIBLES??????????????????

knabe

OH Breeder said:
Knabe, the definition of LIberal say nothing about taking. See below. Who's definition are you using to define what a liberal is and what a conservative is? Enlighten me please. seriously

Political liberalism is the belief that individuals are the basis of law and society, and that society and its institutions exist to further the ends of individuals, without showing favor to those of higher social rank. Magna Carta is an example of a political document that asserted the rights of individuals even above the prerogatives of monarchs. Political liberalism stresses the social contract, under which citizens make the laws and agree to abide by those laws. It is based on the belief that individuals know best what is best for them. Political liberalism enfranchises all adult citizens regardless of sex, race, or economic status. Political liberalism emphasizes the rule of law and supports liberal democracy.

Cultural liberalism focuses on the rights of individuals pertaining to conscience and lifestyle, including such issues as sexual freedom, religious freedom, cognitive freedom, and protection from government intrusion into private life. John Stuart Mill aptly expressed cultural liberalism in his essay "On Liberty," when he wrote,

Economic liberalism supports the individual rights of property and freedom of contract, without which, it argues, the exercise of other liberties is impossible. Economic liberals want little or no government regulation of the market. Economic liberalism holds that the value of goods and services should be set by the unfettered choices of individuals, that is, of market forces. Some would also allow market forces to act even in areas conventionally monopolized by governments, such as the provision of security and courts. Economic liberalism accepts the economic inequality that arises from unequal bargaining positions as being the natural result of competition, so long as no coercion is used. (See also Free market, Free trade, Liberalization)

i'm using MY definition of a liberal, since they are making policy to take more and more tax dollars and freedom every day.

your definition of liberalism, including Mills, doesn't even come close to what liberals are doing today.

using the 20%down for a house methaphor, liberals have done everything to unwind that, and now want everyone who didn't engage in that to pay for it.

liberals subsidize FAILURE.  I actually enjoy saying this, OHBreeder, you are not a liberal, you are a conservative.  neither of us is a republican or democrat.

cultural liberalism doesn't seem to allow for the failure of religious and sexual freedom, in fact, they subsidize the demonification of limits.  if liberals support abiding by the law, why the fuss over enforcing immigration and the countless other laws that go unenforced.  all liberals seem capable of doing is creating yet more law, and since we are beyond enforcing all of them, they are allowed to selectively enforce them.  why isn't william ayers and his wife in prison?  why doesn't obama have to show his birth certificate and college papers?  there is no transparency, saying it doesn't make it so.  start at the top with obama.  as far as i'm concerned, he is not even the president, he's a complete and criminal fraud.  he has not one iota of experience to run the smallest of business's yet everyone is mesmorized by his beauty and will let him destroy the investment market.  he's about ready to spend another 800 billion to address world poverty when brown comes to town.  this is not luncacy.  there is already senate bill 2433 or something that the senate actually passed, but the house didn't.

the definition of liberalism has been stolen.  it was stolen by wilson, fdr, johnson, carter, clinton, bush II, and now obama. 

knabe

if this is liberalism, i'm not for it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bronx/2009/02/28/2009-02-28_buildings_sprang_up_as_donations_rained_.html

sounds like favoritism to me.  pay for play.  seems like the government always knows what's best for me, or at least my money.

high density housing at taxpayer expense.  over and over and over, with no thought of water, food, school, house payment, property tax, waste requirements of yet more people at taxpayer expense.  these types of subisidies are just as bad as farm subsidies for scotty pippen on long island, except worse as the scale is larger.

Latest posts