Price of a Trailer

Help Support Steer Planet:

okshowmom

What is a 1996 steel bumper pull trailer worth? It is 16" steel pretty sure WW is the manf. It is in good condition, good tires, floor and no rust.

kfacres

okshowmom said:
What is a 1996 steel bumper pull trailer worth? It is 16" steel pretty sure WW is the manf. It is in good condition, good tires, floor and no rust.

I bought a 1995; 6x10 bumper, low profile, steel, limited ammount of rust, brand new tires, brand new floor, shed stored, good lights for $1200 two weeks ago.  But I thought that was a steal.

While trailor hunting, I found a 6x14 (regular stock), moderate rust, 89 model (I think), good tires, newer floor, lights that worked for 2500 OBO.  He never sold the trailor, it still sits there.  I really wasn't in the market for a regular sized one though.  

ETA- I drive by this trailor 2x every day on my way to work, but still chose the other trailor of which I had to drive to the other side of the state to pick up (actually sent the parents on a journey, as it was closer to their house). 

OH Breeder

okshowmom said:

http://www.natda.org/

National Trailer Assoc. is working on a pricing guide. There is no formal guide to trailer pricing currently. NADA and Kelly Blue Book only recognize travel trailers and some horse trailers. I have went to the following site to look at trailers all over and different styles.  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=335170

Your trailer new was about $4000? The ones in good shape really hold their value. If you don't have any rust and the floor is good or new the sites I have visited you are in the $2000  to $3000.00 range. The low pro models used that was mentioned in the above post seem sell lots cheaper due to the specific use.
About the only way to get a good value at this time is to search the trailer sites and find comparibles and look at Ebay and Craig's list to find your market.

kfacres

OH Breeder said:
okshowmom said:

http://www.natda.org/

National Trailer Ass is working on a pricing guide. There is no formal guide to trailer pricing currently. NADA and Kelly Blue Book only recognize travel trailers and some horse trailers. I have went to the following site to look at trailers all over and different styles.  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=335170

Your trailer new was about $4000? The ones in good shape really hold their value. If you don't have any rust and the floor is good or new the sites I have visited you are in the $2000  to $3000.00 range. The low pro models used that was mentioned in the above post seem sell lots cheaper due to the specific use.
About the only way to get a good value at this time is to search the trailer sites and find comparibles and look at Ebay and Craig's list to find your market.

x2, i should have expanded, but you did it for me.  great advice. 

AAOK

okshowmom said:

In southern OK about $2000 - $2500.

DLD

Depends quite a bit on how wide it is.  If it's 6' wide it's worth quite a bit more than a 5' wide one.  If it's 5' wide, prob'ly $2000 at best, in western OK anyway.