Progress at our fair **CATTLE SHOW UPDATE**

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

Good news!  Caitlin won sewing with her skirt that she had got champion in the fashion revue with.  However, we had a small catastrophe with her muffins.  We made banana crumb and as you know banana has to sit for the flavors to come together so she made them Friday night.  Apparently the bananas were a little bigger than usual and the first batch didn't rise like they should have.  So she added a little more flour and the next batch were beautiful. 

Saturday morning I was in the kitchen ironing her skirt to take for judging and looked at the muffins and freaked out, they were all flat!!!!  Then I realized that there was a whole row missing.  The DOG HAD ATE The GOOD MUFFINS!!!!  Caitlin thought it was funny, she said they were just muffins and took the flat ones.  However, we couldn't look at one another while the judge was talking to her, we would have cracked up laughing.  This is one of those stories you tell 30 years from now. 

Cattle show is tomorrow night, wish us luck.  My husband is stressing out already, for that fact so is Caitlin.  I will wait until 30 minutes before the show for my meltdown!!

showgirl2010

Good memories! I show tomorrow also.  I believe I am going to enter a poem and a picture...I leave the cooking to my mom. 

Well, good luck!

Jamie

justme

Hey did she tell the judge what the dog did during her interview? lol That was priceless!  CONGRATS on the sewing and goodluck with the cattle!

inthebarnagain

Show results!!

Caitlin got reserve champion with her chianina heifer and got reserve champion with her Simmental heifer.  During her two classes with the heifers she got covered up BAD.  My husband got upset, Caitlin didn't want to show again.  I was mad over the fact that people felt the need to school a 10 year old girl at a little county fair when they were the only two in the ring.  That is one of those things you don't think to teach your kid about because it is dirty showing and doesn't belong a a little 4H fair. 

My mother and I finally talked Caitlin into going back in for showmanship, she didn't win but did a great job showing.  The judge told her that she needed to look at her more, her reply was "well I was trying but the cows are too big for me to see over!"  She is 56 pounds.  She couldn't see over her own heifer. 

Caitlin didn't want to show a steer so we sold our best steer to some good friends of ours.  Reserve Grand Champion!!! <party> <party>

txshowlamb

Well tell Caitlen congrats and that we are pround of her for doing so well. <party> you go girl

Latest posts