Pulled the trigger on spring semen order

Help Support Steer Planet:

racekannon

Well I finally ordered my spring semen and am going to use Q Dog, Alias, Ali, and Paleface got Ali and Paleface left from last year.  I am waiting on my first Paleface calves this year, used him across the board last year except for a Heatwave hiefer that got bred to Midland.  I figured on Q Dog on one of my best angus cows for a January for my son,  she was open after being in the barn nursing a expo fall calve.  I have a few smoke cows that I am going to try Alias on.  The show heifers of course Ali and the tested clean clubbie cows Q dog ang the rest Alias or Paleface which one will put the most guts in one?  We only care about showing heifers and sale only a steer or two the rest go to the Jap market with the angus calves.  I hate having to rescue the clubbies out of the herd because they can't winter with the angus cows and hold enough condition.

farmboy

dont get me wrong he is a good bull. ive seen good ones but most have been average. we had a pale fac son for 5 years who was out of an angus cow. he was the definition of calving ease and he sired good growers and hair but nothin special.

farmboy

we kept 3 daughters. most of our herd is older powerplant rambo stuff. we sold him this fall to some commercial guys, he should fit right in there.

TMJ Show Cattle

Some of the prettiest calves I ever seen were Pale Face. But honestly other than that. good ones are few and far in between.Spring of rib is biggest flaw,even on good Angus cows. I will admit there are a few exceptions,but damn few. Personally I would never use Alias either. Too many train wrecks for sure. If you have a lot of cows,you can gamble with those bulls. If you don't have very many cows,the odds are greater for disaster. Don't take this as a personal insult,just experience of 50 years of some heartaches. There are some good Alias sons being used that ups the ante on getting sound footed or legged cattle. Just food for thought. Good Luck.

Latest posts