PUPPIES!

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorns r us

my wife raises dachshund's.  we currently are puppy poor.  here are some pics followed by a link to her website.  they would make wonderful Christmas gifts AND i just want to show off the fruits of her labor.  most folks have no idea that dachshunds come in these colors.

PA170437.JPG

PA180458.JPG

PB020573.JPG

PA180472.JPG

PB020550.JPG

PA180481.JPG

PA030333.JPG

PB010530.JPG

PA170410.JPG

PA250505.JPG

PA170418.JPG

PB020545.JPG

here is a link to the puppy page of her website: http://www.jeffcoatspuppypaws.com/puppies.html

DL

ADORABLE! (Cute kid too - takes after his mother??) :eek: :eek: (clapping)

red

Aren't puppies of any kind just precious! I agree w/ DL, the kid is cute too!

Red

dori36

Cute, cute, cute!  Am I correct that what we Herding Dog people would call blue merle are called "dapples" by the Doxie folks?  Good luck getting them in good homes!

shorthorns r us

yes, the bottum set, from the nursing female down, are all dapples.  as they nurse from left to right are two silver dapples, a black & tan dapple, and a long hair patchwork silver dapple.  we are registering the last one silver, but she is a cream.  we won't register her as a cream because there aren't any creams in her dams pedigree.  cream is recessive like th, pha, and angus red gene; both parents have to be carriers for the baby to have it.  Dad is a pedigreed carrier but moms breeder wouldn't know cream if it were in his soup bowl (i guess he would have been called a multiplier rather than breeder).  the nursing female is a patchwork red dapple piebald.

the puppy that gage, the youngest whom turns 2 tomorrow, holds is a dark red dapple. he was the only one in his litter and is spoiled rotten.  when he was four weeks old, he and mom went on a labor day weekend trip to visit my in-laws.  my three nephews got to stay with the grandparents that weekend ;  10 people, 6 < 17 years of age, in a 3BR house is a blast.  on friday night, one of the 15 yo twin nephews, whom i am certain was deprived of O2 during his birth experience, took the mom outside to do outside things and managed to scare her to death and chase her off to the running creek.  we looked that entire weekend; covered about 5000ac with no luck.  braindead nephew had to sleep with puppy that weekend; he was pretty tired by monday.  managed to keep him alive.  if you ever need help keeping a puppy alive, i can help; we are getting to be pretty good at it.  we thoought the mom was coyote food but believe it or not a family friend found her in a cattle guard on the 12th 11 days after she was chased away.  she is now home and doing extremely well.

the middle group of pups, from gage down to the nursing litter, are the first litter out of a fa male we bought out of deplorable conditions as a puppy.  it took her two weeks to quit growling viciously and another six to actually submit to touching,  the litter consists of, from left to right in the litter picture, a long-hair dark red piebald, a long-hair black & tan dapple piebald, a chocolate dapple piebald (he will probably be sold as a stud), another dark red dapple piebald (although short-hair), and a chocolate & tan (the only female).  shasta has progressed greatly in the last year or so; despite her wild beginning she got to whelp in a whelping bed in the floor on my wife's side of the bed just like all the other dogs.

the dogs are my wife's past-time but i am tinkering toward breeding a red-neck-roan.

CAB

My personal experience with Dachshunds has been that they are very territorial and very good watch dogs & thank God that they are short. I carried 3 newspaper routes for 5years as a young kid. I was bit by more Dacshshunds than all other breeds combined. I'm sure that there are nice friendly ones somewhere, but in my hometown, can't really recall any. LOL. While staying with friends in KC,MO showing @ the Royal, my son was bit by their dapple gray male while playing with their kids.
  Nice to talk about a good recessive gene. Good luck on the red roans SRU.

P.S. The next most ferocious breed was Rat Terrier. I'm sure that there are meaner dogs, just that people in town have the smaller breeds, thank goodness. Just a tip for everybody, PLEASE don't disipline your dogs with the newspaper. The paperboy/girl pays for the repremand. LOL

shorthorns r us

ours tend to be very protective of our children.  i find chihuahua to be remarkebly hateful.  not just mean,but HATEFUL.  maybe that is why all those self-important celebrities like them.

CAB

SRU, just another in a long line of ankle biters. When it gets above the knee, that's too close for comfort. LOL.

jason

Cute kid, cute pups.

My girlfriend has a maltese which is a great dog.  It doesn't shed, great personality, great with kids, overall great dog.

My parents have a Chihuahua, good dog, but doesn't like kids, loud noises, and will bite you if he sits on my dad's lap.

Rocky Hill Simmental

They're adoreable little puppies. I like the coloring of that cholocate colored one with the white ring.  (dog) Those are some neat colors.

shorthorns r us

each and every puppy that we sale comes with a 100% money-back guarantee to be made in the USA and free of lead paint

renegade

This must be puppy season :D.  My dog is due to pop at any time. She has huge litters is the only problem but its worth it. Her pups are worth a lot here and go from here to nevada, wyoming, colorado, canada, oregan and utah.

pigguy

CAB said:

P.S. The next most ferocious breed was Rat Terrier. I'm sure that there are meaner dogs, just that people in town have the smaller breeds, thank goodness. Just a tip for everybody, PLEASE don't disipline your dogs with the newspaper. The paperboy/girl pays for the repremand. LOL
  i want to kick our rat terrior in the head sometimes( only when it barks which is every other second)  i like our Dachshund way better but he got into some anti freeze