Purdue AGR

Help Support Steer Planet:

buckeye dude

Not sure of the full results!

Heifers
Grand and Reserve to Becca Chamberlin (IN). 

Steers
Grand - Ryan McIntosh (OH)
Reserve - Vicklands (CO)?
Third overall - Madison Clark (OH).

buckeye dude

no muscle?  He has one several shows so the judges must differ with your opinion.

buckeye dude

The Grand steer is out of Friction.  I am not sure about Vicklands but I think it was the brocle face one that was Reserve Champion in Denver. I am pretty sure Clark's that was third overall is a Heat Wave.

showgoer

Steers
Grand McIntosh Chi ~ Shouldn't have even won the Chi's, complete/pretty/no power
Res Vickland Cross ~ Brockle that was Res at Denver, stout
3rd Clark Res Cross ~ Soundest cross is champ drive, complete/not much power, a lot like the other OH steer
4th Fulk Char ~ Nice but straight up front and has grown up since Congress, weight mgmt might be an issue if he stays sound enough
5th Vickland Maine ~ Nice calf, high in his loin, better calves in the barn, great fit/show job

Heifers
Grand Chamberlin Maine ~ Sound/deep/pretty/some power, most complete in final drive
Res Chamberlin Cross ~ Not as much rib as Maine but complete, Goet stamps a look on them
3rd Matlock Chi ~ Shown by Bloomberg, young/nice, should've never beat the res chi (big/sound/complete)
4th Patton Angus ~ Also younger, fine boned/slick haired Angus
5th Beck Herf ~ Nice Herf but I don't know how you leave Res Chi standing

bovinewizard

that was my opinion on the grand as well, very nice profiling with awesome neck,  but not enough power top or muscle for me anyway, will be interesting to follow him as he gets to be a fat to see if he'll feed and power up a little more, didn't mean to upset buckeye, assume there may be ownership there 

Throttle

Who judged?... Looks like Goettemoeller got along well...I've only seen that Friction steer once and didn't analyze that hard, but don't remember thinking he wasn't heavy muscled, recall him being a little more Full Flush type in his muscle pattern, complete with the tight loin and the back legs just a tad under him on the move...he has done his share of winning

buckeye dude

No ownership here.  My point was you said he had no muscle and I was just pointing out that he must have enough muscle at this stage in the game for the judges to be using him.  It is hard to find a better calf ont he profile.  He is cocky!