Purina Grand 4 T Fyer

Help Support Steer Planet:

ATOZ

I have used it in the past and am thinking of going back to it. To all that have used it what have you liked or disliked about it? And second how do you mix it? ( If you don't want the whole world to see your ration you can P.M it to me if you want to share). Thanks. Also I'm feeding both steers and heifers.Again thanks.

bcosu

we feed it like the directions say about 20% of ration i think. steers get mostly corn with some oats during winter and just corn during the summer. heifers get mostly oats with a little corn during the winter. we've had good results

Rocky Hill Simmental

I just started using Grand 4-T-Fyer show feed in August and I'm impressed. I had a little heifer I showed on August 2nd, she placed at the bottom of her class. I put her on Grand 4-T-Fyer a couple days later and by September 10th, she looked like a whole new animal. She got reserve champion. She beat the same heifers that beat her back in August. I feed it to another heifer too and she looked better as well. If you're really interested, tell me and I can post pics.

The people at Co-op told me to mix 1 pound for every 10 pounds of feed, with the particular ration I use anyway. I'd have to look up exact numbers.

renegade

I was wondering if it was worth buying. I was told to use it if you want to feed like wet cob or just need a little boost but wasnt sure if it was worth the money. Post you pics if you would  ;D

Rocky Hill Simmental

Here's the pictures. The one named Delilah (the first two pictures) is the one who ended up winning reserve champion in September.

I showed a bred heifer heifer too but I was advised to not feed her too much because it could cause her calf to grow too much so I ended up with a different ration for her.

edit - removed pics since topic is old

inthebarnagain

We old dinosaurs have a corn picker and ground 200 lbs of 4 t fyer with 800 pounds of ear corn for heifers.  It is an awesome feed.  Everyone commented about how great they looked.  I have NEVER had a calf that wouldn't eat it.

Steer Boy 101

We feed the conentrait (we feed about 30 head) we mix with cracked shelledd corn, barly oats, and added beet pulp. plus the bagged contrate. we also add some to dress liqud. we did a big no no this year, we changed the liquid about 3 times. we bought cherry flavord oil from our kent mill whch is just like golden flo then put sweet tooth in wich is a mollosses from purinia then we now put in some cheap molessas from our local feed guy. personaly i like the sweet tooth but the boss who pays (dad) said just stick to the cheap stuff. its worth it totaly. it is expensive, it cost me $1 somthing per pound of gain for my steer this year, yeah bad . but we feed to heifers and calves and sshow steers. they have now changes to Honor Show Chow they partnerd everything this year.

JDP

I went to a local dealer meeting just last night and they handed out an ad on 4 T Fyer. It has about 9 different recipes for 4 T Fyer.  i will try to get them on here sometime this weekend.  there were some for creep feed, heifer development and for finishing.  It was a great meeting Dave Guyer spoke about feeding and selection.