Purina Show Chow

Help Support Steer Planet:

fordkindagirl

Have any of y'all used Fitter's Edge/Finish Touch? Is it too rich a feed? Has it caused scours with your steer/heifer?

shufly

I fed fitters edge and full control to a heifer and thought it did a great job.  No problems at all.

LostFarmer

We fed 3 out on it and will stay with it until someone can show be something better that is available in this area.  We cut it with corn and oats.  LF

fordkindagirl

Ok, cause that is what I am feeding and my steer had scours. (didn't think it was the feed because he had it before I started him on it) And some fellow steer raisers were saying maybe it's the feed. Although we are in the middle of treating him with Corid (been treating for 2 days and his scours are already gone) just wanted to make sure it wasn't his feed and by some freak thing he just got better while we were treating him.

vc

We fed the finishing touch this year and liked it, the feed we had fed for the first nine years of showing began to have consistency problems, so we tried the Honors feed very consistant from lot to lot.
Make sure when you change your animals feed you do it gradually, if you are changing brands you need to do it in steps and if you are starting them on feed you really need to start out slow and work them up to full feed very slowly.