Pursuit of Purple Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

BAILEYFARMS

I just got done bidding the calves off and it went horrible. Was just woundering what you guys think a person needs to do to make a better sale. Cattle quality was good not great but a nice set. Advertised at OYE,wedsite, and on Breedersworld.Opinions on what to do next year welcome.

clifflem

Sometimes sale just don't work like you think they should.  Weather could have been a factor.  Everyone north and west of you are snowed in.  I had fully intended to get out to some sales this weekend, but with about 20" of snow and road closings, it didn't happen. 
The best thing to make sales better is to produce cattle that win.  If people get them bought at a decent price and get along with them, they will be back.  Better luck next time.

OH Breeder

Sorry to hear about your stoke of bad luck. I do think location location is a big part of sales. If your target customers are snowed under it may have made it difficult for buyers to travel that had plan to. Possible could have delayed or extended the sale for a week or two as to get past the nasty weather.

Show Steaks

I think location and presentation is key. get GOOD pictures up early and refresh them often (if pics are better) no point in putting up a pic of a calf if the picture doesnt represent its quality.... Do you have any females still for sale?

showsteer11

in my own personal opinion i think reputation is a huge part of it. selling some good calves that are reasonably priced off the farm with good success might be wat it takes to  build a reputaion but idk your situation good luck though if you have any good calves left over i might be intrested  plz send me some pics 

Show Steaks

I agree with showsteer11. last year i had my very first club calf sale, i didnt advertise to anyone but my friends , i only had 10 mediocre lots. but i was in the heart of the western iowa club calf circuit... i sold 4 of 7 and am showing the no sales this year... they were too green at sale time and i am open to admit that.
This year diffrent story, calves will be well fed and well advertised.