Question about warts

Help Support Steer Planet:

JMRCattleCo

I was told by a fitter that a wart the size of the one in the pic I have posted can come up and be this size in a week or so........just asking for other opinions. I DO NOT TRUST THAT FITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 252

kattleluver

JMRCattleCo said:
I was told by a fitter that a wart the size of the one in the pic I have posted can come up and be this size in a week or so........just asking for other opinions. I DO NOT TRUST THAT FITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a pretty good size I'd agree. I don't know about a week. A heifer of mine had some pretty flat ones on her nose. Vet said find the biggest one or two and cut it off and it'll cause an auto-immune response and take care of the rest. Hope it helps...

bart

kattleluver said:
JMRCattleCo said:

that's a pretty good size I'd agree. I don't know about a week. A heifer of mine had some pretty flat ones on her nose. Vet said find the biggest one or two and cut it off and it'll cause an auto-immune response and take care of the rest. Hope it helps...
cant just cut em off, take the biggest ones off and make them eat it, and they will never have that strand of warts anymore. though there is many different strands

cbcr

Back when I was showing cattle, the vet could take some of the wart tissue and make a vaccine to give the animal, it worked.

Duckworth

Last summer we had two calves with warts.  The vet came and cut some of the big ones like yours off not too long after that the others started to dry up and we could brush them off.  The vet also gave them some sort of wart vaccination to help dry them up.  It was about an six week ordeal for us.  Goodluck.

fordkindagirl

Unfortunately I have seen them get that big within a week, and you have to realize because some cattle have built up some immunity and some haven't they can grow at different rates per cattle.

kanshow

Doesn't look like a real old clip job to me.. and that wart has sprung since then.