Question ? (Denver Bulls)

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

Looking at the videos of the bulls at Denver' I notice that some of bulls have a colored zip tie fastened to the rope halter behind the ears. What is the purpose of this ?

WJ Farms

Something to do with health papers and stuff just shows that they had health papers I believe

HAB

Jeff_Schroeder said:
I was told by somebody it has something to do with hill cattle vs yard cattle.

We got the zip ties for the halters when we checked in with health papers.

twistedhshowstock

Basically it doesnt have anything of significance to do with the bull...Denver puts them on when the cattle check in with their health papers...just part of their check in process...I think the different colors have something to do with the purpose of the animal being there...like if they're just there for display, sale cattle, entered in the shoe, etc etc...the zip tie doesnt mean anything about the calf from my understanding.

GoWyo

We got florescent green ones for the prospect show.  I think the color might have to do with the show your cattle are checked in for.  Not sure what else except to show that the animals were accounted for at check in.

Blue25

It has nothing to do with The yards or hill. It is a health paper/check in thing and if anybody looks at that animal they can verify that it is supposed to be there

j3cattleco

They gave you the zip ties at check in.  They told me the green ones were for the hill cattle and brown for yard cattle.

Joshua

Blue25

j3cattleco said:
They gave you the zip ties at check in.  They told me the green ones were for the hill cattle and brown for yard cattle.

Joshua
Well we have had blue ones, pink ones, and green ones so idk