Question for all the Shorthorn connoisseurs and XXCC or anyone else.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

There are two full brothers AMAA # P172295 and 112212 one of which was owned by Barkhurst Shorthorns in Wyoming. They were 1982 models with a herd prefix of EPL.

I was wondering if Barkhurst Shorthorns is still operating and if anyone could do some research on this bull that they used? His name is EPL Prospector 240. I think a (something?) Basin Ranch also in Wyoming owned his full brother, EPL Prospector 242P,  probably from a flush. I might have them switched up.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OH Breeder

You probably know this but, the last activity looks like 2000. There is a Jenna Barhurst. don't know the bulls.

Member Information
Member #: 51-0026 
Name: BARKHURST SHORTHORNS 
Address: DICK BARKHURST 
Address2: BOX 304 
City: ENCAMPMENT 
State: WY 
Zip: 82331-9709 
Phone: 307-327-5350

Ruchian

Since you know their AMAA # you probably already know this but the AMAA's site shows Barkhurts Shorthorns owning EPL PROSPECTOR 242P.  It shows his pedigree and a little other information, not much though.  I didn't see anything on the other one.

stick

There was a Basin Ranch in Wyoming that raised Angus cattle. Can't pull up membership info, but there are animals registered with a "Basin" prefix.

afhm

I'm pretty sure Barkhurst is still around.  There is normally a couple of Shorthoen heifers raised by them in the Exposure Sale every December.

iowa

Dick is still raising  shorthorn cattle. I talked to him this summer. Give him a call, the previous post has his phone number and he is a nice guy to talk to.

cowz

The other piece you are looking for would be Stevenson Basin Ranch out of Hobson, Montana  Here is their site:  www.stevensonbasin.com  Give them a call and they may be able to answer your ????'s.  They are the biggest Angus producer in our region and have some astounding genetics.

xxcc

i don't think the "basin" you are talking about and Stevenson Basin Angus have anything in common, but i could be wrong.  is the "basin" you are referring to the same as that ref'd to here?

http://maine-anjou.weaveyourwebdreams.com/breed/pedigree.asp?RegNo=58